Brink General Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brink General Thread

At the moment it doesn't feel like a polished game like TF2 does, but not to what IGN thinks.

I love the comments for lasting appeal.

Obviously IGN have never seen Counter strike or Quake.
    The whole 14 levels of prestige in black ops was fucken BS.

Comment

The game needs a little bit more work done, sure, but a 6? fuck that. i enjoyed every minute of it that i played last night - even when my sound cut out for a whole level (came back at end of the round).

i don't like that tats,scars and face choice are permanent - as thought they're trying for some social commentary on how shit like that stays with you forever. I do like the customisation engine, though it's far more limited than i expected (still spoilt from Champions and City of Heroes i guess).

some of the objectives could do with an increased radius - eg: the defend one seems to require you to stay within 2 feet of the objective - but last night my team had pinned the enemy VIP which gave US a defend objective on him to stop the enemy from getting him going again. But we had shut him down in a massive open area so we had to stay in cover around the edges meaning we got nothing from that defend objective.

Comment

I've spent a good 5 hours with it. It's a decent game, but it's also a huge disappointment at the same time - and that's because of the unfulfilled promises and lack of polish. Review coming.

Comment

Review is up: http://gamers-underground.com/conten...iew-brink.html

Comment

I really don't get why people are disappointed? This games exactly what I thought it would be - and it's awesome

Comment

Im with you lenko, loving it... yes its not polished as well as TF2 was at launch but still very well done.
              And FUN... thats my main thing, im over the "real" shooters atm.

Will be better once we get a few mates together and can actually co-ordinate the maps, playin with randoms atm is like pulling teeth.

Comment

Aussie Brink is unlocked!

Comment

early ey... nice

Comment

watching some of the 5v5 matches on thebrink.tv man some of these guys need to get a life, they are ripping it up on a game they have only been playing for 2 days.
                    Guys pulling of crazy shit, makes for a good watch.

Comment

Well so far I haven't been able to play it

Downloaded it last night (5+GB). Then got home from work today to decrypt it, only to have to download 3.4GB more. Once I finished that I opened it only to have 1 frame per 5 seconds. So I close Brink and verify cache and defrag the game. Then try opening the game again only to have the updating pop-up say just gotta update before play.. To which is the 3.4GB I have to re-download..

So far not a good experience with the game.. But, this is a part of every single bloody first day of a game I've had to endure so I guess I'll just have to bend over and take it like every other person...

Comment

P.s I'm so glad I have a 1L bottle of vodka while I wait again for the next hour as it re-downloads....

Comment

that's weird man, had no issues like that

Comment

is it just me or do ppl find, even with 50-100fps the game still doesnt feel smooth, gets shuttering or somthing when going AiS or using SMART?

Comment

No stuttering or FPS drops for me and I'm on a mid-end laptop.

Comment

Working...
                              X