No announcement yet.

Your Top 5 Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you die at GU, you die in real life. It's like the Matrix. Just FYI.

Comment

so the cake wasn't just a lie. it was a piece of my imagination? Damn

Comment

but how does one eat cake when "there is no spoon?"

Top 5 ? man that's hard. I can say very few in the last few years would even make it to my top 50.
        For PC and sheer replay value i would prolly say...

Duke3D
        CSS:GG
        RA2
        WC3
        Morrowind

Comment

Originally posted by r00t|{it View Post
          but how does one eat cake when "there is no spoon?"

Top 5 ? man that's hard. I can say very few in the last few years would even make it to my top 50.
          For PC and sheer replay value i would prolly say...
          To undermine your metaphorical quote, i will eat it with my face.

And i know what you mean, game quality has being going down lately. especially last year, last year was horrible.

Comment

These questions are too biased by nostogia to be meaningful.

I mean say you are a Portal fan, and were asked to choose between Portal and Portal 2. Almost all of you would choose Portal because of the fond memories... but go replay it. Portal 2 is a superior game, but Portal will always be number one in most people's hearts because of that revolutionary feeling they got when playing it.

It is reasons like that which would mean games like Portal barely make it in to my Top 5, because as obviously awesome as Portal is, it is competing with the feelings I first had when I played Metroid, or the seven life times I wasted playing original Civ.

Better questions would be:

- Top 5 Gaming Series (then you don't need to choose between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2)
            - Top 5 Gaming Memories

For me:

Top 5 Gaming SeriesTop 5 Gaming Memories

1) First time I played Metroid (original). I remember being blown away by how vast the game was, and playing it on Christmas Eve with my older cousin, getting him to help me with the boss fights.

2) The first time I played Everquest. The epic lowbie Journey from Kelethin to Qeynos. The scale and detail of Everquest blew my mind. I had experienced nothing like it at the time (late 1999).

3) *spoiler* *spoiler* Mass Effect *spoiler* *spoiler* Holy Crap *spoiler* *spoiler* *spoiler* Mass Effect 2 *spoiler* *spoiler* *spoiler* Blew my fucking mind! *spoiler*

4) My first 100+ man raid in Everquest. This was also roughly the time I decided "fuck this shit", but it still blew my mind seeing that many people working together in a virtual world.

5) The ending to Portal.

Comment

Working...
            X