How to buy Steam games from other regions without VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to buy Steam games from other regions without VPN

EDIT: THIS METHOD NO LONGER WORKS - Try the VPN method.

Stumbled across this while trying to discover Steam cart id's without reconnecting to a VPN account.

As mentioned in this thread, Modern Warfare 2 is only $62 AUD via the UK Steam store, instead of $98 AUD through the Australian Steam store.

Well, there's a much easier way of grabbing it at the cheaper price, without paying for UK VPN access or signing up to a trial.
    1. Follow this URL: http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=uk
    2. Buy game (putting your credit/debit card "country" as United Kingdom)

That's it.

Oh, you can also compare prices to other regions. Changing the "uk" in the URL to "it" will take you to the Italian region's store (Euro currency).

Please note: this method (as opposed to the VPN method) may mean a risk of getting flagged, as your IP when purchasing the game won't originate from the country you've selected.
    Last edited by rec; 01-07-11, 01:42 PM.

Nice one reccy. Great find. I've done the deal but through the 'ie' store so I could use my Euro Irish CC. Downloading the demo now. See you tomorrow night

Comment

will this work to uncensor l4d2???

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Can anyone confirm this is still working? OD & I just tried with 3 cards, including one that worked previously, to purchase a game using this method - all failed.

Comment

how did it fail? complete denial? or just gave you the AU copy?

Comment

Complete denial. They may have instigated IP checks (meaning you need to use a VPN), or changed the credit card auth to require a country match (meaning you need to use Entropy).
              Last edited by ResLo; 15-11-09, 09:57 PM. Reason: hit edit instead of quote...ignore

Comment

i got in in time then

Comment

Thank god, got in time too

Comment

URL method still works. Jimmy just purchased a game using it.

Must have been the connection we're on at work, blocking something... or something. *shrug

Comment

worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                        Complete denial. They may have instigated IP checks (meaning you need to use a VPN), or changed the credit card auth to require a country match (meaning you need to use Entropy).
                        Confirmed.... I just purchased MW2 (after much harassing and actually enjoying the SP so much anyway) using my Irish CC and got denied when trying to purchase using the UK ($20 cheaper) as the country, only choosing Ireland worked. I would say they have now made sure the card needs to be linked to the country of issue.

I did this using the URL link without a VPN so the aussie IP wasn't an issue.

Comment

OD bought it from UK with Australian card just last night (and Feary the same, 3 nights ago).

It's just a bit iffy, and doesn't work 100% of the time with all cards etc.

Comment

I tried this the other day and it ended up totally screwing up and now I have to ring them or something...

Comment

Ok let's bump this... :roll:
                              So as you all probably know Risen is banned in Australia, i live in Australia atm, and i got really excited about this game when it came out, but it's banned ;//. So does this method still works? could i get into trouble for that?

Comment

Working...
                              X