No announcement yet.

How to buy Steam games from other regions without VPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's banned because we have no R18+ classification. Hopefully in a few months this will change as the guy who opposed having a R18+ class for games has resigned.

Comment

Can anyone confirm wether or not this still works? I've tried multiple credit cards as well as with a VPN and without. Each time it declines the request saying that "Your credit card information has been declined by your credit card company". I've tried inputting multiple addresses, including authentic and non-authentic ones, and I've quadruple checked that everything input correctly and that I am following all the necessary steps. However, it still does not work. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry to say that they have copped on. Your address is now checked against the country in which the card was issued.

Still doesn't help me given most games in Euros are roughly the same as A$

Comment

After getting my account market as suspecious, I had to go through this whole proccess this is what I discovered.

1) For games, that are banned within the country of origin (Australia) Steam does a verification on your IP Address and the Address that you've entered.
          2) For games that have not been banned within the country of origin (Australia) Steam does only a verification on your place of residency (Country:AU/USA/UK), so you can change your country and everything will be okay.

To purchase games from the UK that have been refused classification in Australia you need to do two things.
          1) Clear your cache in your firefox or cookies.
          2) Sign-up a VPN connection to the UK
          3) Sign into steam via the web portal with ?cc=UK
          4) Select the game, purchase.
          5) Select the Country and say (UK)
          6) Enjoy

Did this last night with manhunt.

Though please note, these extra security settings are placed on specific games that have failed classification in the country. So steam takes a extra step to make sure you dont get your hands on it.

Comment

The last option is get a friend to gift you the item from the country, that would probably be easier and faster.

Comment

The video is still not viewable without uk vpn service. Want more instructions to avoid this usage.
              Last edited by NimbusFold; 05-12-12, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X