Heroes of Newerth is free to play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes of Newerth is free to play!

Play For Free! The epic game that folowed on from DotA has now gone free to play.

Hit me up in mumble if you want to have a game or 3.

So basically same thing as League of Legends? (Haven't played either)

Comment

Well yes it is like LoL and DOTA but different in its own respect.

Comment

Hon's implementation of the f2p model is more controlled in the fact it seperates the srs ppl from the scrubs.

Comment

Lothar I'm Ronin in hon. Playing most nights.

Comment

Added

Comment

Dammit. Just when I was finally about to give one of these games a shot (downloaded LoL the other week, been waiting for internets to be switched on at my new place to try it) now HoN is F2P and I have no fucking idea which one I should play for max awesome because I'm too lazy to download, install and learn two games to see which one I enjoy more. So I'll end up playing one and quietly suspect I'd like the other one more.

Comment

LoL = Cartoon graphics.
                HoN = Decent graphics.

Just make sure you have someone to show you how to play - otherwise you will rage in the first 10 mintues or at least your team mates.

Comment

In Hon there is a mechaninc that annoys me to no end...

It's called "denying" which is killing your own guys when they are on low health, so that the enemy doesn't get the killing blow. Which to me just makes no sence to me at all....

However both games are fun, if you are playing with a team of friends, as it causes people to accept when they made a mistake, rather than just raging at other people.

I'm on Lol as braindance, add me if you wanna play a game some time

Also, if you want it just simplified even more, check out bloodline champions.. it's just a pvp arena, no levelling, mobs, equipment and every single ability is a skillshot.

Comment

LOL is for more of a causal playaround with simple gameplay and HON is more srs that cater to the elitist with intense rage.

Comment

There is just as much serious and rage in lol, especially when you get up the ranks a bit...

Like I say, best way to play is to do it with friends

Comment

The only way you can deny your self in HoN is by an active skill that takes hp off your self. Say for instance Devourer. You can deny towers though which I would think is the normal.

Comment

I booted up HoN the other night and think it's turned to even more shit, the buy menu has become way too crowded and when compared to the LoL is over-complicated... looks like they are trying to make a menu for retards but then expect them to play a game for f1 reflex and attention players, the two don't go hand in hand.
                          I'm glad HoN finally implemented a matchmaking system like LoL to minimise griefing incurred by those idiots trying to arrange a slaughter but I fear with it being f2p now we will see a lot more of the smurf accounts by the 1700+ players... =/
                          I come from playing 1000's of games of HoN to playing just as much in LoL and I still think LoL is the pick of the bunch...

Comment

Being able to deny a team mate is a fantastic mechanic. If they are going to die then why give the enemy gold?

Comment

I think you will see a lot of smurf accounts. Howevver all you have to do is go Verifyed only and vola. They have to play 30 games at least in Normal/Casual/Public mode and level 5 at least to join a Verifyed game.

30 games will put you in the right MMR/PSR bracket anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X