Gears of War 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War 3

So it seems Epic have outdone themselves this time. Not only have the beaten Bethesda's horse armour DLC fiasco, they've also probably made Bobby Kotick proud.

They are charging $45 for Weapon Skins. Yep...$45!!

Oblivion Horse Armor - $2.50

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition: $40.00

Forty Double Cheese Burgers from McDonalds: $40.00

Gears of War 3 Weapon Skins Total- $45.00

Available on Day One:

Each Set Static - 240 points
    Each Set Animated - 320 points
    Weapon Collections - 1200 points (x5 Weapons)
    Launch Collection - 3600 points (Every Skin Every Weapon)

Set = All five starting weapons
    Collections = 5 collections of 21 skins, each containing every skin for the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Gnasher or Sawed of Shotgun
    Example = Rainbow Lancer

This was just announced on Epic's official live stream by Gears lead - Rod Fergusson. I will update the OP when the official post goes out.

These skins CAN NOT be unlocked, and must be purchased as DLC to access them. Unfortunately, the skins are on the disc but the user must pay to unlock them.

The Gears of War Season Pass DOES NOT include the weapon skins so you are looking at an additional $30 for the downloadable maps.

I think the GAF thread is almost as epic as the DLC

Wallet raped by EPIC.

Comment

I'll still be getting the game proper. The GoW series has been one of the best shootery franchises I've ever played on console but I wouldn't waste money on something as retarded as weapon skins no matter how much they cost. Hell, even if they were free but I had to manually download them from the market place to get them to work that would still be too much effort for something so pointless.

Comment

meh will just wait 2 years for the GOTY edition like i did with GOW 1 and 2, and pick it up for $30

Comment

y'know, the halo combat evolved anniversary edition price is actually understandable, it would take a while to completely redo the grahpics, personally im excited for seeing my favourite maps remade. i wonder if sword will be equippable though, it wasn't in original, same case with dual wielding. but the price of this DLC Is extremely outrageous.

Comment

Working...
          X