X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War Z

The War Z

Has anyone played it?

Its a direct ripoff of DayZ, but as I haven't played it I cant comment. The online vids of it look ok, i don't think it has in game voice chat and the weapon audio might be a bit crap, and I have a slight moral objection to encouraging the devs behviour, but at $20 I am now interested.

Has anyone got any experience playing it?

Or a free guest pass?

I purchased the pioneer pack. I think i have 1 key left, not sure if it will still work as the website gave the impression it was valid for the 31st of october.

I haven't played much, but i've always been able to join games within 5 minutes which is more than i can say about dayz .

Anyway, jump in steam chat and i'll shoot you the key.

Comment

Yeah Ive played it a fair bit.
      It is a ripoff of DayZ (although they claim they have been in development longer - but who cares really).

It needs some work on the pvp side of things if it doesn't want to fall down the same hole as bandit-ridden DayZ.

Comment

I seriously love DayZ... but that love is overridden by spending 30+ minutes trying to get on a server and then getting kicked or hacked in seconds.

...but man. The game is SO good. Even with bandits. In fact, I've had my best gaming night ever on DayZ.

Comment

ahh i thought you were talking about the movie

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
            I seriously love DayZ... but that love is overridden by spending 30+ minutes trying to get on a server and then getting kicked or hacked in seconds.

...but man. The game is SO good. Even with bandits. In fact, I've had my best gaming night ever on DayZ.
            Is hacking still going on?

Comment

I haven't played for a while, but given that it's a mod and the main dev is working on a standalone and not paying much attention to the said mod... I'd say so.

Comment

Originally posted by The Happy Devil View Post
                ahh i thought you were talking about the movie
                OMG So Looking forward to this, I Just finished reading the book and it's pretty freakin awesome. As for WarZ 1. Who cares if they ripped of dayz? There are countless examples of basically the same game on different engines. 2. It's already pretty much a bandit fest which is a shame coz I am trying so hard not to go down that route but after getting shot by "friendlies" and exploiters (not script kiddies just people not ashamed to glitch through the store walls and the like) I am having a hard time not pulling the trigger as soon as I see someone. 3. Pretty fun game Zombies seemed to have gotten harder in one patch which was great but then they noobed them again in the next which is stupid (all you kiddie fag gamers who can't handle the zombie menace need to shut up and just go play COD)

Deffinately needs to be played with other people will be much more fun when they open up the rest of the cities and swamp them with zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                  I haven't played for a while, but given that it's a mod and the main dev is working on a standalone and not paying much attention to the said mod... I'd say so.
                  Supposedly he's been given his own dev team and they're being made in parallel.

Comment

This is now on Steam.

DO NOT BUY IT!

Comment

Why not? I enjoyed it more than Day Z to be honest.
                      Or are they becoming vapour-ware? (Haven't played it in a bit).

Comment

I've got my refund and lots of other people have as well. Won't be possible through Steam.

Hackers, Hackers, Hackers, Cheaters, Cheaters, Campers, and oops banned the wrong people. Too much to explain:
                        WarZ releases on Steam: Devs blatantly lie about included features, and neglect to mention game isn't complete. If this isn't false advertising I don't know what is : gaming

Draconian rules in place: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...get_any_worse/. Make a complaint on the game on their forums and you get banned and blacklisted.

Those of us who have got refunds have apparently been blacklisted from the WarZ and all future games.

Lead developer made arguably the worst game in history.

Lots of dodgy stuff has come up, from outright copying LOL's TOS, copying DayZ's reddit web theme(taken down since getting caught), the game is basically just War Inc with a few bits tacked on.

Development time going beyond what they claimed to cash in quickly, Beta has disappeared and now become the 'Foundation' edition. They claimed to have been in development already for 'years'. Quite obvious this isn't the case.

Last edited by Jay; 19-12-12, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Oh god.

Comment

you didnt mention how the steam description doesn't match the game

The pitchforks are out. Gamers are furious with the developers of The War Z, a game that seems to have made it to Steam without many of the features that developers have promised for it. Right now, an item on the front page of Reddit that accuses The War Z‘s developers of “blatantly [lying] about […]

Comment

The funny thing is that so many DayZ fans were panned online for accusing this dev of just being a copier/scammer. It turns out they were right - at least to a certain extent. Glad I didn't buy in on it. Will continue to wait for DayZ standalone.

Comment

Working...
                              X