The Elder Scrolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elder Scrolls

Ever since I picked up Morrowind I became very active with RPGs. Morrowind was the gateway to RPG games on the Xbox and I find that for its time the environment was beautiful and you could lose yourself for hours upon hours in it. Then when I thought it couldn't get any better Oblivion comes out for the 360 and PC. I played it on the PC and found that it to also had beautiful environments and endless ways to end the game. I just wish more games could have the godlike textures that make up Oblivion and the gameplay that comes along with it.

i liked morrowind, hated oblivion

Comment

I liked both... but not enough to play either for more than 10 hours.

Comment

i loved both of them. i loved morrowind alot more though, it was more realistic, didn't like the click teleport system they adopted in oblivion.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
          I liked both... but not enough to play either for more than 10 hours.
          Same. Loved Oblivion but played it for a month then moved on. Loved the expanse of it. If you could run around in it with a friend I probably would have played it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Longtom View Post
            Same. Loved Oblivion but played it for a month then moved on. Loved the expanse of it. If you could run around in it with a friend I probably would have played it more.

Indeed that would make it a lot more fun, but then again it just wouldn't be the same :-( I liked them both the same though can't choose between them >.<

Comment

I haven't played Morrowind since it first came out - is there much difference with all the mods that came out for it?

Morrowind was the game that broke a 2 year addiction to Diablo 2 for me. I must say I enjoyed Oblivion just as much - especially once I found out I didn't have to enter every gate I came across!

Comment

The mods for morrowind were ok, but nothing beats the original storyline.

Comment

Like how morrowind was a "gateway" into rpg's putting it that way yeah it was kinda addicting... Oblivion I think was better just because there are more enemy's and quests.

Comment

Oblivion was an awesome game. Have played through several characters in different styles and will grab the expansion box set when it becomes availalble. The Xbox 360 version lacked depth, colour, flair and difficulty and i gave up attempting to play it when at level 5 i could slay an entire town with ease.

Comment

Meh The goty will come out sep. 3ed...TOO LONG!! just like Fable 2 announced in 2006 comes out in 2008!!! WAY TOO LONG! why must they mock our suffering!?

Comment

I hated Morrowind, the combat system felt like complete arse.
                        Quite enjoyed Oblivion though.

Comment

Bethsoft did the best they could at the time if they would have made a better combat system I think the x box would have exploded lol.

Comment

yh but u have to admit skyrim is the revelation in rpg gaming. Oblivion was amazing but Skyrim will KICK ITS ASS!!!!!

Comment

Morrowwind was a good game, it had a harder feel to it than oblivion, but after playing Oblivion for 300+ hours, completing ever quest available to me, as well as joining a forum specifically to role play the game further by completing Fan written quests (over 60 of those completed with Screenshots/videos), Oblivion hooked me more than any game to date (not including WOW).

And skyrim is off to a good start, 80 hours in and ive only just scratched the surface

Comment

Working...
                              X