Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Witcher

Anyone else played this?

Ive got a fair few hours clocked up on it so far, only up to the end of Chapter II.

Loving the uncensored version, full 'nudity', foul language, the works.
    Had a few screenshots of NPC's telling me my mother sucks Dwarven cock, as well as a woman asking what use a 'mouse in a c*nt, is'.

My character's managed to bed every courtesan/hooker in Vizima so far, even bagged a couple of noble women :p

Interestingly though, the backdoor in the whorehouses is always off-limits

Graphics are really nice, combat system is usable and somewhat enjoyable.
    Alchemy system is relevant to whats happening, most of the time and its pretty in-depth as far as materials required go etc.

My biggest gripe with the game so far, is the loading/Saving times. Without the autosave feature (which cant be turned off), I'd probably have halved my play time so far.

If you haven't played it, give it a go.
    Really impressed with it so far.

Have you patched it? The latest patch is supposed to address the load times.

I have it ready to install, just needing to find the time to get into it.

Comment

Mines patched up to 1.1a

Comment

I think theres another patch coming out that will reduce load times a lot and add new npc models as well as better voice acting etc.

Comment

Might have to give this a shot, been looking for a good single player RPG since leaving WoW.

Comment

yet another game that needs a better system than mine, perhaps its time to put myself into more debt, The uncensored version the retail ?

Comment

When I tried to play I had all sorts of issues with the copy protection crap... But what I got to play of it was quite cool

Comment

there is a 1.2 patch out, but concidering how hard it is to crack, im not going to bother

Comment

well its hard to even play a legit copy because of all the copy protection crap...

Comment

Originally posted by leonami View Post
                    well its hard to even play a legit copy because of all the copy protection crap...
                    Seemed to install fine for me :/

Comment

When I tried to play it installed fine but then wouldn't read the the cd. Apparently TAGES Copy protection has a spasmic fit somehow detecting Daemon tools when its completely turned off.. from what I read ont he forums, people were still hitting htat same problem after fresh installs of XP

Comment

you need the latest copy of daemon tools pro, then its alright

Comment

Originally posted by HeReTiC View Post
                          you need the latest copy of daemon tools pro, then its alright
                          yep yep... took me 2 hours last nite to get DT pro to work for some reason it had some small issues installing..

working now.... game seems good so far.... not a big fan of the combat system yet... but we shall see...

Comment

Group Silver.
                            It is your friend

Comment

Just finished the game, was most enjoyable.
                              The ending cut scene was pretty darn cool as well.
                              Although, I wish it allowed you to go back and finish things.

Never did get my legendary suit of armour finished

Comment

Working...
                              X