MMO Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMO Suggestions?

i have a new job and have some more time on my hands again. im looking at delving into the world of a MMORPG.

im leaning towards WOW or thinking of checking out AoC

what i want out of the game is a good few months of play. i want to be able to jump on in my time and solo but on some nights ill be able to commit to group activity.

i hear there is a new expansion coming out for wow? that could be interesting.

the only thing holding me back from AoC is i havnt tried it yet and guess accounts being disabled is holding halting that. also im not sure it will be around for 6+ months with heaps of active players.

so im after suggestions. who is still playing wow these days? and who is playing AoC and do you see yourself playing it in 3-6 months time?

[Obligatory]City of Heroes![/obligatory]

Comment

I'm playing eve-online atm.

Works out well for me, that is unless I'm busy destroying my battlecruiser.

The game will seem overwhelmingly complex at first but there's almost an massive number of things to do and ways to play the game.

Free 14 day trial.
      Be whatever you want in EVE Online, the biggest space game of all time. Download the free space MMO game and play online for free here.

If you do try it, let us know and certainly some of us on gu will try and meet up with you.

Comment

just finished advanced weapon upgrades 5 myself. weee.

Comment

Eve is good and is alot easy to get into than it use to be.
          I have an account and back when I started it wasn't so easy.
          Very good idea to hook up with someone you know so guide you a bit early on as it can there can be a lot of choices for the new player to make.
          Pala AWU5 frees up so many choices for BS fitting with big guns.

If you are after the more traditional RPG style MMO, WoW is most likely your best choice.
          It is extreamly polished there is something to do even if you only have an hour free here and there. The leveling grind is almost no existent now so you can catch up to everyone else relative quickly if you chose the right server(join some of the other GUers) there are a signifcant number of people on 24/7 to actualy do something.

Lord of the Rings online I found extreamly promising but it never achieved critical mass isn't as polished as wow and when I only had an hour or spare to play while there was something to do it rarely felt like I had accomplished anything at the end of a play session.

My votes go for WoW or Eve online
          Last edited by morge; 15-06-08, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Eve online ftw, you level without having to be online. :p

Spaceship command 5 for me. (Still a nub)

Comment

got about 40 skills at level 5 now almost all of them combat related.

Comment

i started playing wow again =(

though we're not doing any pve just areanas with a group of mates

Comment

Played WoW... Enjoyed it for quite abit. Got booring as all my mates were on differnet servers. Couldnt really hook up or anything.

When Lotro (lord of the rings online) came out got my self lifetime subscription, Got 2 characters to max cap level. Enjoyed high level content. But after i got all the best armor and skills there was nuthing really for me to do appart from wait for the next expantion came out. Still waiting today.

Picked up eve 4 months ago and hamering out that even as i speek. Realy enjoing that there is soo much to do.

My vote goes for Eve at the moment.

Comment

Hm I might try EVE.

Comment

Ooo 21 day free trial via Steam.

Comment

All I can advise is that you will get lost and confused. Persevere. It's a tard filter.

Comment

Being lost and confused is one of my famous past times. I used to do it every weekend. I'm sure this will be a blast.

Comment

Oh and make sure you get the premium graphics client.

Comment

hrm.. having just installed it, I've already found the first point against the game: servers are 2mins from DAILY maintenance downtime right now

Comment

Working...
                              X