Fallout 3 impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 3 impressions

Pre-purchased on Steam, but couldn't wait another 2 days so got myself an evaluation copy in the meantime.

I just played through the vault 101 section of the game and I've quit it to eat dinner in absolute awe.

More comments to come as I play through, but I may shelve the game until I get my new laptop (in a few days hopefully), so I can play it in all of its glory.

Anyone else played it yet? Thoughts?

i have gotten to the first town and im walking around exploring things there.. so far i like.. i missed out on a few hours sleep last night.. expect more to come tho w00t

Comment

Originally posted by MetalAttack View Post
      i have gotten to the first town and im walking around exploring things there.. so far i like.. i missed out on a few hours sleep last night.. expect more to come tho w00t
      Fiend, buy the retail and support this game.

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
        Pre-purchased on Steam, but couldn't wait another 2 days so got myself an evaluation copy in the meantime.

I just played through the vault 101 section of the game and I've quit it to eat dinner in absolute awe.

More comments to come as I play through, but I may shelve the game until I get my new laptop (in a few days hopefully), so I can play it in all of its glory.

Anyone else played it yet? Thoughts?
        I'm about 5 hours in and havent passed Megaton yet, im spending the time to explore and do as many side quests as I can.. before I blow Megaton up.

I'm a bit dubious as to what I should do with the Family. It will be a hard slog at lvl 5 to kill them all.

My character's tagged skills are Medicine, Small Guns and Repair. I'm trying for my old Sniper character again.

It pays off to be a scavenger and check all containers, you find some really valuable things.

Comment

Was about to buy this on steam but I think $70US comes out more expensive than the retail box ATM.

Comment

$70 US? It's only charged at $50 US here in the UK, so I went right ahead and got it.

Comment

Yep its the austraila tax.

Comment

Good game, for those who are interested to have a look at the game before you buy, I'll be hosting a live stream tomorrow night about 6pm - 7:30pm on Xfire.

Had a trial run tonight and got a couple of people from Japan & Germany into the chat room.

Comment

Biggest ****ing headache to install, the thing will get so far then stop installing and hang. I eject DVD and terminate app only to discover it ****s something with the DVDROM and wont read anythin after. I've restarted and tried to re-install 3 times, this is fkn bs.

Comment

ya, I'm also getting an error where if I have the Fallout3 disc in the DVD drive and boot up the PC when booting windows, it will hang on a black screen until I take the disc out of the drive.

Weird.

Honestly, it's easier to pirate this than be nice and go legit.

Comment

this game is pure awesome gold

Comment

^^
                        About 25 hours into the game. And it's still as addictive as to when I first started playing it. A little sick of the VATS kill shots, but meh.

Comment

Alright to clear my self up a little as I was extremely frustrated before. When I tried installing both this game and Far Cry 2 it would get so far into the installation (setup) then hang while trying to unpack. After numerous attemps I changed DVD-RW drive, still wouldn't install. Tried installing on 2 other HDDs, still nothing. I've been at it since like 2pm today and up untill now was completely ****ing pissed off. Then I read something about SecuROM screwin up with CD writing shit installed so I uninstalled Daemon Tools, Alochol 120 and Nero, to my avail it worked. Both have installed :O

Now I just need to play em... Oh and death to all this new protection crap, would have just been easier for me to download this shit.

Comment

Yeah this game is awesomeness in a stimpak.

Flatmate bought the game, didn't detect the DVD in his PC, then my PC. But i checked it, worked on mine, so i installed it, cracked it. Worked perfectly. But had to make it an image and have him copy it over to his PC and crack (cuz cant play without DVD detecting) it just so he could play his bought game. this SecuROM stuff is becoming nothin but a pain in the ass.

But the game is great, reminds me of the previous 2 games but oh so much prettier. VATS baseball hit to the head with critical hit FTW!

Comment

that's really wierd - i have daemon tools installed and had no troubles installing my copy of the game (retail) - maybe you had to be watching anime on the same machine during the install?

Comment

Working...
                              X