Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tera Online - The Exiled Realms of Arborea (MMORPG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tera Online - The Exiled Realms of Arborea (MMORPG)

Edit: Tera Open Beta is approaching on the 19th (20th our time at 5:30am in the morning), create an account on the Tera Website and enter in the code: "TERABETA" to enter the Tera Open Beta.

People that have Pre-orders will have their characters transfer from Open-Beta to Release/Early start so if you try out the game and you like it, buy it and your characters will transfer to the Retail Release of Tera Online.

Tera have also put forward another 4.3gb patch bringing Tera to around 27 to 28gb in size.

Just remember, this game does not feel like your "average" failure of an MMORPG, the Gameplay its self makes this game. It doesn't hurt to try it out so give it a whirl during the Open Beta and tell me your thoughts.

Designated Oceanic Server: (PVE) Serpent Isle, (PVP) TBA

Further Tera Information:

Early Character Creation

Pre-Order Exclusive Event

Begins: Friday, April 13 at 7:00 PM Pacific
    Ends: Tuesday, April 17 at 10:00 AM Pacific
    Details

Characters per Account: 1
    Maximum Level: N/A
    Servers:
    PvE PvP RP-PvE
    Arachnaea Basilisk Crag Celestial Hills
    Blightwood Jagged Coast
    Dragonfall Valley of Titans
    Freeholds
    Frost Reach
    Serpentis Isle
    Players who pre-order TERA can create a single character to play in the Open Beta Test and that will carry over through launch. Make sure your perfect character is right there waiting for you when the beta begins.

Open Beta Test

Begins: Thursday, April 19 at 12:00 PM Pacific
    Ends: Friday, April 20 at 12:00 PM Pacific
    Open Event

Begins: Friday, April 20 at 12:00 PM Pacific
    Ends: Monday, April 23 at 11:59 PM Pacific
    Details

Characters per Account: 1 per Server
    Maximum Level: 32
    Servers: TBD
    See the game before it launches, including a brand new introduction to the Island of Dawn. Create characters that will carry over through launch. Help us polish TERA until it shines.

Head Start

Begins: Saturday, April 28 at 12:00 PM Pacific
    Details

Characters per Account: 8 per Server
    Maximum Level: 38
    Servers: TBD
    Continue where you left off in the Open Beta Test and become a veteran before others even get their boots wet. Blaze the trails from Velika to Val Kaeli. Be the first to see a new world.
    Last edited by NewbiTLorD; 11-04-12, 09:48 PM.

Is the combat laggy on an Aus connection?

Ill give it a shot

Comment

To be honest Tachi, I haven't noticed any lag at all. The Damage Dealt and Taken as well as Skill Execution are mostly registered Client side before Server and also allows Skill Queueing in a way to prevent Latency issues check your Inbox shortly for a Beta key.

Also remember that when downloading the Client, goto the settings in the Launcher and disable P2P so other people don't leach off your Download as the Client is 23gb in size, or if you want the client let us know and I'll bring my Ext. HDD over and give you the client.

Edit: Your Inbox is full, can't send you it in a Private Message, let us know when you've cleared space
      Last edited by NewbiTLorD; 06-03-12, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Done

Comment

PM Sent! Doesn't seem like anyone else is interested so far

Comment

PA said it was good - their reviews have been a bit.. err.. off lately

Comment

Well to be honost, the feel of this game feels like an "actual" RPG game rather then your standard MMO RPG's. After this weekends Beta Test I should have done some dungeons at the lvl 20+ range tanking wise and I'll let you know from my personal perspective what I think of the game entirely.

Comment

I have given up on mmo beta testing - it is just too sad for me to see my characters get wiped.

Comment

i'll grab a key if theres one available still

Comment

Sent Mepm, check your Inbox!

Comment

I played till level 11, combat system is a big improvement over other mmo's. The game world is pretty but textures are flat and the ground is fairly sparse.

Quests are utter rubbish and game world is static which I think are important parts of an mmo.

Only tried a couple fights in PVP which worked well with the combat sytem.

Basically the only redeeming element of the game up to level 11 is the combat

Comment

I wouldn't mind taking a look at it, if you get more keys.

Comment

I'll try to acquire some more Keys for CBT 4. I'll update the OP when I do and let ya know.

But yeah Tachi, after you reach the other parts in the game later on, the quests start to get a little more dynamic rather then being your standard linear "gather this, kill this, speak to" quests. You get some quests where you teleport into an Instance at that specific area and get wave after wave of monsters coming after the town your defending.

This Combat does make this game feel quite nice and the game runs pretty darn smooth for its size.

Comment

i had a look at it, pre-ordered, been following for a while. the UI needs some work but it should be some fun for a while, i do like korean mmo's

reminds me alot of Lineage

Comment

Originally posted by HeReTiC View Post
                              i had a look at it, pre-ordered, been following for a while. the UI needs some work but it should be some fun for a while, i do like korean mmo's

reminds me alot of Lineage
                              Heretic, the reason that is, is because this game was suppose to be "Lineage 3". They broke away from NCSoft who were making dumb changes to the game and the person directing it also apparently wanted a pay-rise. They decided to break contract and run away with all the data lol.

Side note, Tera Open Beta is approaching on the 19th, create an account on the Tera Website and enter in the code "TERABETA"
                              Last edited by NewbiTLorD; 11-04-12, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X