No announcement yet.

Dragons Motivational Poster Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2a=a is only true if a=0, (which was already proven by a+b=b) and therefore dividing by a is dividing by zero, which is impossible.

Comment

• yeah but, like, it's the internet.
      So it's true.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnSCaRReD View Post
        2a=a is only true if a=0, (which was already proven by a+b=b) and therefore dividing by a is dividing by zero, which is impossible.

There was no dividing by zero they divided by a. That can certainly be done whether a is zero or not, and your right it must be. Maths doesn't have to make logical sense. Irrational numbers anyone.

Comment

• step 4 -> step 5 is dividing by a - b, which in all situations equals zero.

Comment

• I actually think the funniest thing about the poster is that there is no calculus in it!

Comment

• but thats why its ****ing with the laws of exsistence... as it doesnt even exsist

Comment

• so something that doesnt exsist, is funny why? so in other words, what they are saying is, nothing, ****s with the laws of exsistance. I'm going to go ahead and dismiss that claim.

i think they tired to be funny to stupid people who beleive shit on the internet :p

Comment

• awww hell i data dumped too much after school it seems

Comment

• Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                    step 4 -> step 5 is dividing by a - b, which in all situations equals zero.
                    Yep.

This got shown to the first lecture I did in Uni calculus of an example how easy it is to be lead astray if you're lazy in your working. That might be why someone who also saw it thinks it's to do with calculus.

I like to think that person failed.

Comment

• Truely i have no idea. just use that motivational post and create a new one bagging it out within it.

Comment

• this discussion reminds me of the this

Comment

• Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                          step 4 -> step 5 is dividing by a - b, which in all situations equals zero.
                          You mean this step??
                          (a+b)(a-b)=b(a-b)

Going back over 15 years, I think the order of operations for formulas is BDMAS.
                          brackets divide multiply add subtract?!?
                          So a-b is the most compact we can make the brackets, without really fkn around with substitution etc, which may in fact be the correct way to do it. The next step would be to divide both sides by (a-b). Doesn't really matter if a-b=0 or even if it =pink unicorns.

Comment

• the simplest form of (a+b)(a-b)=b(a-b) is 0 = 0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil @ngel View Post
                              You mean this step??
                              (a+b)(a-b)=b(a-b)

Going back over 15 years, I think the order of operations for formulas is BDMAS.
                              brackets divide multiply add subtract?!?
                              So a-b is the most compact we can make the brackets, without really fkn around with substitution etc, which may in fact be the correct way to do it. The next step would be to divide both sides by (a-b). Doesn't really matter if a-b=0 or even if it =pink unicorns.
                              taking into account the first step, of having a = b,

a-b=0

so therefore dividing both sides by (a-b) is dividing by zer........ CARRIER LOST.

Comment

• **** me, I should have known better than to post that on a geek forum. Yes we know it cant be done, moving along... >.>

Comment

Working...
                                X