Best place to live in Brisbane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to live in Brisbane?

Well, my work has been sold and it's looking like I'll be moving to Brisbane at the start of next year.

Never really been there before, so anyone that has lived there or anyone living there - where should I move to?

Work is in Albion so would prefer North side at the moment. Sandgate area, bracken ridge, anything on the rail lines going down to Albion would be very handy.

What are the BAD areas? What are the good ones? Any local knowledge would rock

What are the good schools? (Primary)

OD

Melbourne is pretty nice... !

Comment

Try the suburb of Logan, and you thought Karama was ghetto?? Na i'd advice against this suburb for exactly that reason, full of heavies and druggies, fun place tho... Sorry only place I been too there.

Comment

Zilmere is dodgy... just near Boondall. I nearly had a run in with some young fellas who kindly pointed out that the suburb I was walking through was 'Zilmere muthaf*ckers' and that they were in fact 'Zilmere boys'. I'm not sure I whether I should have spelt 'boys' with a 'z'. I didn't stop to ask. Wankers.

You like living in the sticks Dan... try Ferny Hills.

Comment

Good to have you aboard, OD!

I'll do a more detailed post about where to live and whatnot when I get home from work, gotta run =(

Comment

Browns Plains is not to bad

Comment

I used to live in Ferny Hills, North West Of the city. Got a train line that ends there, i recommend the suburbs around the train line there like, Enogerra, Keperra, Mitchelton, Ferny Grove or all places around there. Very nice place to live, and i stay round there every time i visit.

Comment

I live in Clayfield which is right next to Albion so I know the inner north very well.

Basically any suburb around that area is going to be pretty good, though the closer to the CBD you get the higher prices become.

I'd recommend anywhere around Wooloowin, Toombul, Stafford, Nundah, Northgate, Eagle Junction, etc.

If you're working at Albion you're probably going to be able to park at work so you could look at areas away from train lines (Qld Rail is ****ing pathetic, trains in peak hour are horrible). Just make sure you don't have to commute anywhere near the Bruce Hwy/Gateway Motorway/M1.

The primary schools in the inner north are among the best in Bris: Eagle Junction, Wooloowin, Ascot, etc. But really, most public primary schools are pretty good unless you're looking at Inala or Woodford or something

It's only when you start looking at public secondary schools where you really need to investigate. There's only a handful of public high schools in Bris that I'd even consider sending my kids to (disclaimer: I don't have kids!).

Ferny Grove isn't a bad area, got a mate who lives out that way. Only thing to take into account is that it is really, really far away from CBD. It takes a little getting used to just how big Brisbane is in terms of area. It has really bad urban sprawl. So it takes a fair while on the train, and if the Ferny Grove line is anything like the Shorncliffe/Caboolture lines I use to get to work, you'll get sick of it pretty quickly (trains not showing up, trains too full to take any more passengers on, etc).

Good luck with it all, if you need any more info feel free to ask

Comment

Working...
                X