Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've lost my Iphone :(

Hey guys,

I've got an Iphone 4 and i've lost it, It has all my business emails, pictures, etc all the personal things a mobile carries... is there any way I can track it somehow other then that Mobileme or whatever its called...

Ugghhh... I think I lost it somewhere between Nakara and WOW sight and sound..... Probably left it on the bullbar ....

If anyone finds an Iphone4 let me know please

Thanks

There is very little you can do about the situation, anyone who finds it will just simply rip out the sim card and use it.

You will have to take it on the chin, ring up your carrier and get them the brick the phone. This should make it useless for anyone who is currently using it. This means that your personal data cannot be extracted from the phone.

Just have to take it on the chin, and keep your new iphone on a chain

Comment

I've called,the carrier they can only block the outgoing calls and data on the sim, can't brick it I dont care about loosing the phone itself, it can be replaced, its just the personal and business confidential stuff on it I dont want anyone to see.

Comment

Is it connected to exchange because you can use that to brick it. Did you have a phone lock pin configure because I'm pretty sure even without the exchange connection with the wrong password entered it forces a reformat with itunes.

Comment

I was wondering why it asked me all the time for an exchange password

I just kept pressing cancel

ughh im hopeless

Comment

If you had "Find my iPhone" installed you could just login to me.com and track it via Satellite, or remote-wipe it.

Likewise, if you talk to your IT administrator, it can be wiped remotely (if they use Exchange for e-mail).

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
              If you had "Find my iPhone" installed you could just login to me.com and track it via Satellite, or remote-wipe it.

Likewise, if you talk to your IT administrator, it can be wiped remotely (if they use Exchange for e-mail).
              yes this app is fantastic. unfortunately it must be installed and configured before your phone is lost.

Comment

Technically I don't think you need the app installed at all - you just need to have to set up "Mobile Me" sync in the settings area. It's in the same list as "Exchange" and "Gmail", but has an additional option for "Find my iPhone" where you plug in your me.com account details.

Comment

Seems nothing I can do, I knew nothing about the "exchange" thing or find my phone..... trust me, i'll be sorting all that out today on the new one

Comment

You don't need to know anything about it. If you had your work e-mail setup on your phone, and your work uses Exchange, then they can remotely wipe it.

So;

a) Did you have your work e-mail setup?
                    b) If yes, find out from someone in IT if they use Exchange.

Comment

Hey mate just figured out the exchange thing, I have gmail set up on it too and know the exchange password, how do I brick the phone using that?

Comment

You can't wipe the phone using Gmail, only an actual business Exchange server setup.

Comment

oh

Got my new Iphone, first thing i set up was mobileme and a passcode on unlock ... sigh My ignorance will be the death of me

Comment

As mentioned, if you have a Mobile Me account, and configured Mobile Me sync on the phone itself before you lost it, then you just need to log on to me.com to see where it is/remote wipe it.

Comment

Yeah but I didnt know about it then, got it all set up on the new one...

Comment

Working...
                              X