Odd request for a Dyno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd request for a Dyno

Ok this is probably going to seem like an odd request, but does anyone know where i can use/hire a Dyno or a set of rollers to run my car on for a while... I need to run it about 5000k's.

Its a Salary packaged car, and i need to run another 5k before end of march or it will cost me something like $2k, now problem is i cant get any leave for the next 2 months due to everyone else at working having leave.. hence the need to roll my car for a few days...

Anyone have any idea where i might be able to do such a thing?

Alternatively, apply handbrake, lift driving wheels off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathlon View Post
      Alternatively, apply handbrake, lift driving wheels off the ground.
      i have thought about this, unfortunately the only place i have available to do it isn't exactly safe.
      Atm im sort of looking for alternatives... this will be my last resort thing i think.

Comment

stop being a pussy and just axel stand your car

Comment

take long drives into the sunset every day
          ill gladly be your passenger if you drive down Arnhem highway as i want to fish all the culverts.
          i understand that you may not have time to stop but im prepared to board and bail at speeds of 10km ph

Comment

Drive to mataranka for the weekend every weekend.

Comment

i actually started looking at mataranka i haven't been there since i was a kid.
              $120 a night for a cabin isnt too bad either.

Comment

Just declare your km's as the ones you need to hit at the end of FBT year and get them up asap.

Comment

thats cool, looks like im doin a road trip to Brisbane lol.
                  ignore this thread now please lol

Comment

Originally posted by Minorci View Post
                    Just declare your km's as the ones you need to hit at the end of FBT year and get them up asap.
                    exactly what i was thinking

Comment

Originally posted by insidious View Post
                      exactly what i was thinking
                      problem with doing that now is, that i declare them every time i fuel up, so now they know im behind.

Comment

i can understand that, but i figure if they are okay with an extra 1000 kms / month then it might not matter?

Comment

Anyway, even at a constant 200km/hr that 5000kms would be 25 hours of dyno time - this is likely to be a lot more than the extra FBT you'd have to pay!

Comment

Originally posted by UnSCaRReD View Post
                            Anyway, even at a constant 200km/hr that 5000kms would be 25 hours of dyno time - this is likely to be a lot more than the extra FBT you'd have to pay!
                            that thought had crossed my mind last night, along with the fact that even though id have the K's i wouldn't have actually used the fuel requirements which would lead them to bust my balls anyway.

Comment

Just report it stolen and torch it... Win-win. You get out of your current tax predicament and you get an updated model.

Comment

Working...
                              X