No announcement yet.

'Cellaring' beer in Darwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm thinking the temperature in my cupboard shouldn't fluctuate too much, although hard to tell i guess. i might steal a thermologger from work and monitor it over a day or so.

the beers in there at the moment are all quads, and some other stuff on the way (rasputin, la terrible, mc chouffe).

Comment

Originally posted by Mungus View Post
      i'm thinking the temperature in my cupboard shouldn't fluctuate too much, although hard to tell i guess. i might steal a thermologger from work and monitor it over a day or so.
      A day won't give you any type of accurate representation of if its a good location long term. A year of thermo-logging would.

Comment

For a more simple and easily reversible solution to fridge temp control I would recommend a "Fridgemate" (Temperature Controller - Fridgemate (Manual Heating/Cooling) - Product Details - CraftBrewer) type unit. This is pretty easy to wire up (get a 'leccy if in doubt and DONT ZAP YOURSELF!!)
        But yeah, after 1 year in a cool (relative in Darwin) dark environment the Chernobyl beer was still freaking awesome and still improving in the bottle.

Comment

One of the other advantages you should get out of wine fridge is lack of vibration but that in always the case as cheep wine fridges are nothing more than a beer fridge with a glass door and thermostat.

Comment

Working...
          X