Gamers in the Real World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamers in the Real World

The study found evidence of Game Transfer Phenomena, which results in gamers doing things in the real world as if they were still playing.

The most extreme examples included reaching for a search button when looking for someone in a crowd and seeing energy boxes appear above people's heads.

Read more: Earth to gamer, come in gamer: Video games are warping your view of reality | Online Video Games Reviews & News | News.com.au
    okay... i thought it was just me! glad I'm not alone in the world!

When I first started doing graphic design as a full-time job some 15 years ago, I remember messing something up in real life and trying to Ctrl+Z it. But since then I've had no such thing happen. Ah well. It's probably for the best.

Comment

Reality is Subjective.

There's no condescending articles on news.com.au about religion skewing people's reality, and that's far more prevalent.

Comment

:S W T F? I've have had some pretty hardcore gaming sessions that have left me disconnected before but actually reaching for a search button? I think some people seriously exagerate their "Gamer" mentality.

Comment

sometimes when i pick up rubbish, i can't stop nor put it down again...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	dxhr 2011-09-21 10-24-01-73.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	597065

Yeah, my life is full of yellow outlines and objective markers. Totally tells me how much ammo i have and gives me a map...

Oh, and did i tell you i have an upgrade screen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dxhr 2011-09-21 10-24-03-45.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	597066

Comment

The only thing that happens to me, is I see Minesweeper in my head vividly after playing it for an hour or so. It's like im walking around, still playing it :p

Comment

After playing black ops for like 24 hours straight, i went out with the missus to get some lunch, saw a small plane fly over head and i fully reached behind me for a stinger before realizing i wasn't playing the game at that second.

missus just looked at me strange for a sec, and i busted myself laughing.

Comment

I have certainly had my mental perception of the world change after getting deep in to a game for a long period, but can't say I have ever had visual hallucinations. It we seem to me you would need a pre-existing disorder of some sort for that to happen (or a lot of LSD).

Comment

my gaming saved Kernal's life once (or at least saved his scone from a nasty bruise) - entering the roundabout in parap when a fully loaded flatbed truck came screeching into the roundabout - Flatout skillz kicked in and i dodged the hell out of that mothertrucker - lucky i wasnt in the flatmobile though - that would've been messy.

Comment

When I was on holidays once, I had spent a week solid doing nothing but playing wow...

I though to myself, I should probably go be social and visit my friends, so I jumped on a bus, went to my mates place hung out there all day and then when it was time to go home I reached down for my hearthstone, and then thought about it for a second.

I had honestly planned to hearth back home to make it to the raid on time....

Comment

Working...
                      X