Coffee Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Machines

Need one for work budget will be ~$1000 looking for something easy to use so the numpties can make coffee.
    Have been considering one of those pod system. What have people used that makes a decent cup?

A grand won't get you much in terms of an office use job.

Maybe a high end nespresso machine.

Comment

We got a $350-$400 nespresso (pod coffee). They make an awesome coffee. Seem pretty robust, depends on how many people are using it. If it's for home, I highly recommend it. We got some friends one for putting us up when we moved, they take it camping.

You can pay top dollar for a other good commercial grade coffee machines, but i'd hardly say they are easy to use. And if you don't make a coffee every 5 minutes its not worth it.

You can get one of these for $450 at HN, well I think that's what I saw it at. The GF is getting me one for xmas Delonghi Lattissima + Nespresso Coffee Machine EN520W | eBay

Comment

It's doable from what I've read. Just a bit challenging or possibly compromising on some things.

coffeesnobs.com.au - Index - Usual forum I go to for coffee stuff.

Something I've been looking at:

Comment

I have a Jura Ena 7 and mail order my coffee from Coffeeworks and Campos. I do drink a fair bit of coffee when i am home.

Comment

I saw some mob advertising machines in the Melbourne airport last week, you have no outlay, you just have to buy your coffee from them. The sign said it worked out either 30 cents or 70 cents (dont recall - hungover) per cup.

I've had coffees out of the pod machine, one of my clients has one, they taste pretty good. They just buy a box of those little buckets, works out to 70c each. Only problem is that you got maybe 8 buckets per flavour, and there was about 6 or 8 flavours. So if nobody drinks the Mountain Rhinoceros Shit flavour or the Blended Arab Testicle Hairs flavour, then you'd be stuck with them and the price per pod would work out more.

Comment

Not sure what pod coffee machine that is jasby, the Nespresso pods can be purchased in boxes of 20 or so, in one flavour. Not sure about variety packs though. It may work out cheaper to get the one you speak of though. I haven't really looked into that side of it much.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsy View Post
                I saw some mob advertising machines in the Melbourne airport last week, you have no outlay, you just have to buy your coffee from them. The sign said it worked out either 30 cents or 70 cents (dont recall - hungover) per cup.

I've had coffees out of the pod machine, one of my clients has one, they taste pretty good. They just buy a box of those little buckets, works out to 70c each. Only problem is that you got maybe 8 buckets per flavour, and there was about 6 or 8 flavours. So if nobody drinks the Mountain Rhinoceros Shit flavour or the Blended Arab Testicle Hairs flavour, then you'd be stuck with them and the price per pod would work out more.
                Can you remember who they were? They might be exactly what we're looking for. (We're in Melb)

Comment

We are only talking about a dozen cups a day only a small office.
                  The budget is flexible.

BTW did have one of the large Nespresso machines at home for a while and didn't mind it.

Comment

Manual machines for the office is asking for trouble. :p

Comment

Bear in mind there are two types of nespresso machines, one for business usage, and ones for home usage.

The business usage ones use little pouches rather than pods....

Nespresso Business Solutions - Machines

We have one of these in the office, which is one of the business models, about 25 people in the office, about 50~ cups of coffee a day, and it hasn't missed a beat.

There aren't as many varieties of sachet vs the pods, but you get many more in a box.

The Pod ones you buy are not designed for lots and lots of usage, and their warranty wont cover them in a business environment.

We also have the milk frother bit aswell (Nespresso Business Solutions - Machines) which works okay, but sometimes goes a bit wonky...

It's not the best coffee I have had, but it is a damn side better than an instant.

Comment

We have 3 if not 4 of the 220's in our office here - they break from time to time however do get fixed eventualy. Work wonders for the coffee fix that is not instant.

Mind you our office is about 400 - 600 staff each day. Not too sure on their usage although I would assume its quite high.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsy View Post

In Melb and you didn't hit me up... I'm hurt bro We get fliers at our workplace all the time from those guys. Considered it, but you can buy some decent second hand coffee vending machines from ebay for round the 1000 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            Manual machines for the office is asking for trouble. :p
                            Imagine people trying to temp surf for a silvia or something jay :p

Comment

Originally posted by Minorci View Post
                              Imagine people trying to temp surf for a silvia or something jay :p
                              As far as I'm concerned the average office grunts have enough trouble as it is organising an instant coffee satchet. Nevermind trying to do temp or time.

Comment

Working...
                              X