Centrelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centrelink

Going through my email as i do weekly, and then i realize an email sent by Centrelink from the first of this month, Titled "Centrelink Appointment Reminder", when i check, i realized i had missed an appointment on November the third, the point is, this is the first appointment i have missed, and i was only given 2 days warning of the appointment, no letter or anything came before this "Reminder"

The question is, will this have severe effects on my payments?

If you can give them a valid reason why you couldnt attend and that you did not have the correct information *(ie postal address) then should not matter.

If it is like the 4th time you have missed an apointment without reason then maybe.

Comment

Well, if you have an online services account which you do. They dont send paper mail anymore, its all pdf downloads in your account. The only paper mail that gets sent is to your nominated proxy or (someone who can act on your behalf).

Well its quite severe imo. They can cut your payments if you miss an appointment. Usually its very easy to fix and just call them up to re-organise a time.

You can say you were out bush, fishing and had no access to your email as your excuse.

Comment

Or just say you didn't check it for 2 days. 2 days notice is ridiculous.

Comment

Or just tell them you're black. Then you don't have to do shit.

Comment

Whoa. Dude.

Actually. That reminds me of a joke.

It was coming to the end of the day and sitting in his smallish and almost deserted local pub in the outback was an old Aboriginal dude. He was having a few beers, as usual, when a short well dressed and obviously gay man from Sydney walked in and sat beside him.

After three or four beers, the gay man leaned over towards the Aboriginal dude and whispered, "Do you want a blow job?"

The black fella leaped up with fire in his eyes knocked the gay man off his stool and smacked the living shit out him.

He then dragged him out of the bar and left him all bruised and battered in the car park and returned to his seat at the bar to finish his drink. Not entirely amazed at what had just happened the barman quickly brought over another beer to the black fella and said, "I've never seen you react as badly as that before".

"What did he say to you?"

"I don't know," he replied. "Something about a job."

Comment

Well, according to online services my next pay has been reduced to 30%, and yeah, im with online services but i didnt even get an email before the reminder, just the reminder.

Comment

just leave it be man, it'll be fine!

my work for us tax payers is done

Comment

That's pretty shabby. You should take your business elsewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by nroug7 View Post
                    my next pay
                    Just a gentle reminder, that'd be my pay. It's your benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by jabsy View Post
                      Just a gentle reminder, that'd be my pay. It's your benefit.
                      haha, second.

Comment

Part of me just wants to say: GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB GET A JOB!

But then I realise that I have no idea about this person or their circumstances, and that they may be on a disability benefit or something or other and not just a slacker.

Also for reference, if you are in the job market, take something, ANYTHING. When I'm hiring I'm much more inclined to hire someone who was stacking shelves or collecting trolleys than someone with gaps in their employment history.

Comment

Yeah, i plan to get a job soon, but alas, first, i must thank you all (who are of working class) for paying for my education oh, and getting me skyrim

Comment

I'm glad my tax dollars are paying for your computer games.

Comment

Originally posted by grandinferno View Post
                              I'm glad my tax dollars are paying for your computer games.
                              Now that's just mean, i rarely use the money for a video game and we cant all live under the best of circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X