Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands up if you're violating the Geneva convention...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands up if you're violating the Geneva convention...

According to the article on the news.com.au site this morning, we all are

Give me a fucking break.

Comment

wow. with all the REAL shit happening in the world they're ... this is just... man...

Comment

Standard news.com.au bullshit

Originally posted by Original article
        One of the world's largest and most respected humanitarian groups in the world is investigating whether the Geneva and Hague conventions should be applied to the fictional recreation of war in video games.
        Originally posted by News.com.au
        THE Red Cross is investigating whether 600 million gamers are violating the Hague and Geneva conventions when they kill and blow stuff up for fun. Are 600m gamers violating Hague convention? Red Cross to see if violent games break laws

No difference at all between those.

Basically news.com.au is for retards.

Comment

Def... Def... Def... Definately for me then

Comment

News.com fail again. Entire misrepresentation of the actual story.

Comment

The saddest part is that there are plenty of people that believe everything they read, and even more who would believe something if it's posted on a "news" website.

Comment

Sooooooo... when actors re-enact a war crime on TV are they violating the GC?

Comment

Doubtful. They would prolly argue the fact that you as a gamer are the one assuming the role effectively chosing with your own free will to act upon killing people where as an actor is portraying someone killing another person as part of a storyline, or something along those lines.

Comment

ahh but in that case most games (arguably) have a storyline that you also follow, just more ad-libbed

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                      ahh but in that case most games (arguably) have a storyline that you also follow, just more ad-libbed
                      Storylines... as in... Killing massive amounts of enemies and blowing shit up to prevent the enemy from blowing shit up so you have an oppurtunity to blow more shit up, all the whilst you can invite co-op friends to blow some other shit up giving you an oppurtunity to blow their shit up and making sure that shit gets blown up, no matter who blows shit up, when shit is blown up or why shit is blown up, storylines are always giving us a good reason to blow shit up

Comment

i didnt say they were GOOD storylines :p

Comment

lol Nope, im convinced, the first halo taught me that blowing shit up that was capable of intergalactic destruction was the right thing to do and made for a good storyline.

Comment

Wow, new job, first tattoo, and I find out that I'm breaking the Geneva convention - all in one week. No wonder I'm tired...

Comment

Working...
                            X