Comic-Con comes to Adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comic-Con comes to Adelaide

Awesome, Mad March in Adelaide just got a lot madder with Comic Con bringing over 100 exhibits to Adelaide at the end of march.

Adelaide has been chosen as the host city for the first Oz Comic-Con, a local version of the American pop culture convention.The two-day event will kick-off on March 31 next year and is expected to attract 10,000 people, rising to 20,000 in coming years.The American Comic-Con, held in San Diego, started with 300 people in 1970. Crowds swelled to 130,000 last year."This is a good example of South Australia tapping into a niche market to deliver broad economic benefits," Tourism Minister Gail Gago said."Comic-Con in America is the premier pop culture consumer and entertainment trade event of its kind."The event showcases everything that's new and exciting in the realms of science fiction, gaming, comics and more.Organisers of Oz Comic-Con expect to have 100 exhibits with the two-day event to be worth about $2 million to the state economy.It will feature appearances by international and local film and TV stars including Jewel Staite from Serenity and Stargate Atlantis, Teryl Rothery from Stargate SG1, Nicola Scott from Teen Titans and Stewart McKenny from Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Comic-Con coming to Adelaide - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

hmmm the first reason to ever go to SA

but seriously, im glad at least some people in tourism have the brains to try tap into a potentially massive market.
    if i dont go to the first one i will definitely go if they have a second.

Comment

awesome - my wife even wants to go to one :o

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
        awesome - my wife even wants to go to one :o
        My missus is the same, she wants to go just for the costumes and whatnot.

Comment

mine wants to go for the celebrities - if i could just get her and jewel staite in a room together - hooboy...

Comment

i so want want to go. but i dont think ill have any money for it. i still have to pay my bill for the ambos.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
              hmmm the first reason to ever go to SA

but seriously, im glad at least some people in tourism have the brains to try tap into a potentially massive market.
              if i dont go to the first one i will definitely go if they have a second.
              If you go I'll go Ratty

Comment

Working...
              X