Needing help with ventrillo recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help with ventrillo recommendations

I've gotten a bit annoyed at steams 2sec lag lately so I was wondering if anyone knew of any good server locations and providers for ventrilo that has little voice lag between australia and america. For some reason msn is the closest I can find to almost zero lag but the sound quality keeps exploding. Thanks for any info.

Plenty of Ventrillo, Teamspeak, Mumble hosts out there. Hypernia, GameServers etc. - all have locations all around the globe you can choose from.

LA or Sydney would be the best two locations if you're going to have both US and AU people connecting.

Comment

Thanks for that. I'm with gameservers at the moment. I was in sydney first and that had a 2sec delay. Switched to NY, 2sec delay. Just changed to LA, almost 3sec delay. Not sure why its so dodgy. Before this one I made an account with Typefrag, which gave me a little over a second delay. Thought I'd test another place but looks like its going south for me.

Comment

I can make one recommendation avoid primary target.

I would also recommend you make the switch to mumble.

Comment

You could always just use the GU Mumble server. I ping 9ms to it.

Regardless of which server, I find that Mumble generally produces the lowest communication latencies. It's like being on the phone.

Comment

Working...
          X