Darwin Wedding Photograpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darwin Wedding Photograpers

hey there i am getting married on the 8th of june and i am looking for a wedding photographer. the professional photographers in darwin are extremely expensive. so if anyone out there is an amateur photographer with leet skills and would like to earn some money on the 8th of june for a few hours work please contact me with your rates and a portfolio if you have one!!

thanks guys

What are you expecting in relations to shots and final product. i.e. prints, edited images (photoshopped), setups for shots (Bride Groom, Family, reception etc), Location, time of day. What is your budget?

Comment

we just want photos on a disc no photoshop. approx 4 hours ie. we want pre wedding shots, wedding is at sunset at darwin sailing club so shots then and then photos afterwards with family and a few happy snaps at the reception. open for suggestions on price

Comment

Buy a heap of USB memory and self addressed envelops and hand them out to guests with cameras. That's your cheap option.

Comment

We aren't looking for cheap we just don't think that what you pay phots in darwin reflects quality and quantity of the final product

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would have done it for a carton if I was still there. But at the same time, you probably don't want to entrust your wedding photos to someone willing to do it for a carton :p

Comment

Wedding photographers cost anywhere from $2000-$5000 depending on the photographer and what you require locations wise and post production. That is about normal not just in Darwin. Photography suffers from the problem that any clown with a camera can take photos. Any clown with a paint brush can paint your house but you would rather someone who knows what their doing. Of course that doesn't stop clowns getting into the house painting or photography business but if they are charging you as a professional services and they stuff up you at least have a legal recourse. BTW from a hire business point of view the dry hire rate on a typical professional photographers set-up would be about $500-$1000 a day for just the equipment.

Comment

Think about it this way mate, better off getting the real deal especially if you only plan on doing it once, that way 5-10-20 years down the track your missus cant complain you skimped on the "memories" for the day.

Comment

Nah based off,
                  3310.0 - Marriages and Divorces, Australia, 2010

The median duration of marriage to separation is 8.8 years. So only have to listen to her for 8.8 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
                    Think about it this way mate, better off getting the real deal especially if you only plan on doing it once, that way 5-10-20 years down the track your missus cant complain you skimped on the "memories" for the day.
                    Wow, you actually put some thought in something to do with marriage... hahahaha!

Do your research on what the local photographers on quality verse cost. If you can find a few "cheap" photgrapher with a history of weddings then have a look at the quality and creativeness of their shots and then do the same with the more expensive "professionals" and then compare the best of each in the formula of Creative/quality over cost.

I've dabble in photography but weddings are a sorta no go for me as it is that "special" day and the possibility of not getting the best shots on the day is daunting. Though that being said I have done a wedding for a close friend free of charge which if you have facebook might be able to see them here: Myk's Wedding Shots
                    As I said, if you can find a cheaper photography, make sure they have a viewable history of their work so you can see how good/bad it may be.

Comment

We've been together as long as the average marriage and we're just getting married. Hope she doesn't bail on the day.

Ended up paying under 5k for mine, and would have happily spent double that if I saw that much value in a photographer. It's pretty much the most important thing to get right as far as I'm concerned, apart from the obvious essentials.

My ring is a plain gold band, my suit is a hire, I designed digital invitations, I printed our place cards etc. - I didn't do these things to save money, I did them because I didn't see value in the money they would otherwise require. What matters to me is saying I do and the celebration with my friends and family. I want the best possible preservation of those moments, which certainly won't be my memory.

So anyway, my advice is obviously spend the money. Optimistically, you'll only do this once.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty View Post
                        That's right... This is her day, not yours.. lol

Comment

I don't do weddings (anymore) but it's not worth my time unless I'm charging my minimum rate with is $150 and hour. it gets progressively more expensive.

Up here, 5K should get you a good photographer, but if you want the best opportunity, here are things to look for:

1. First things first is their portfolio. If they're good, then excellent. My suggestion is to go in critical. Remember these are your shots of the big day... if there's something you don't like about the photo's... remember them. Look at trends of the photographers style too. Do they do the same thing for every wedding they show you, or are they willing to mix it up a little. Have they had experience with different styles of weddings? One thing that really gives me the shits with some wedding photographers, particularly in Darwin is poor lighting control. They use top mounted flash units which is fine, but usually blow out the for-ground and underexpose the background.

2. Look at their other photography styles too if they have their general photography portfolio available.

3. See what they shoot with (equipment). I'm not suggesting they must have the full pro gear, but if they have a Dribble and a stock lens or worse a semi-pro point and shoot then probably go thanks but no thanks.

4. Insurance. Do they have it? If they have AIPP (Australian industry of Professional Photographers) is featured on their advertisements, they're covered by at least some insurance. You'll need to talk to the AIPP or check their website (Google it) for their current listing.

I'm with everybody else... there are some things on the wedding day you simply should get right, and frankly the photographer is right up there behind the guy holding the service, the couple getting married and the witness (for which the photographer could double as) and the rings.

3-5K should get you something pretty okay.

EDIT: Just to add, in my experience, photographers here are usually within 10-15% quantity of product to down south. (Ie, up here you're charged around 15% more for the same product). The other option is to bring a photographer up from down south.

Comment

Well..with my Second time round we chose to bring a Photographer up from Alice Springs. Paid for a hire car plus accommodation and got out of it for just under $3000. Luckily we knew him so got a great deal on the price. Some may say he is not the best but his point of difference was the sheer volume of photos. For this we got "The Wedding Album", "The Coffee Table Album", "A Digital CD Album" and also a digital of every single photo he took untouched almost 800 I think from memory.
                            So the moral of the story....DO IT RIGHT FOR HER......Find some point of difference that appeals to both of you and treat the wedding like a basic budget, what you save here you can then place there and so forth.....

Comment

Originally posted by CyphiX View Post
                              Wow, you actually put some thought in something to do with marriage... hahahaha!
                              hey i may not believe in the idea of marriage but i do know women, and if you plan on keeping her happy after your married, preemptive damage control is always smart

Comment

Working...
                              X