Commbank are waiving bank fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commbank are waiving bank fees

Just a heads up. Considering I spent like $200 on bank fees last year, I'm pretty happy with that.

If you have a Smart Access account with the Commonwealth Bank (which I imagine would be a lot of people), you can get your monthly account fee waived if you:
    • Are under 21 years old
    • Opened your account after 1/6/2010 and deposit $2000 each month (e.g. your salary)
    • Are 21 to 24 years old and deposit $1000 into the account each month (e.g. your salary)
    • Are a student and present your student ID at any branch

Note that they don't do this automatically. I fall into two of the above categories and it wasn't till I called them that I got the fees waived.

Originally posted by Brookie23 View Post
    Just a heads up. Considering I spent like $200 on bank fees last year, I'm pretty happy with that.

If you have a Smart Access account with the Commonwealth Bank (which I imagine would be a lot of people), you can get your monthly account fee waived if you:
    • Are under 21 years old
    • Opened your account after 1/6/2010 and deposit $2000 each month (e.g. your salary)
    • Are 21 to 24 years old and deposit $1000 into the account each month (e.g. your salary)
    • Are a student and present your student ID at any branch

Note that they don't do this automatically. I fall into two of the above categories and it wasn't till I called them that I got the fees waived.
    They have had this for a while now. Also, if your a student, you will need to pop into your branch every year to update your student details

Comment

Ah ok. The 21 to 24 one was only implemented in October though. Don't know how new the others are.

Comment

well that's great. i'm a lifetime customer and i don't qualify for any of those.

Comment

NAB already have a $0 fee account and no need for any hassle ... also comes with a VISA debit card

Comment

It's basically tailored for young people getting their first jobs.

Gotta get em hooked early.

Comment

dollarmites for adults

Comment

You can get the fee free if you convert your old account like a Streamline to a smart access.

Comment

Westpac did this for me up until I was no longer a student at CDU. This was up until I moved to Perth last year (im 23).

Now I'm with NAB. No fees whatsoever on all 3 of my accounts (visa debit, debit and internet savings).

Comment

Re: No account fees with NAB/other banks. But they don't have 4000 ATMs and awesome online banking

Comment

NAB online banking is pretty good, and they use/own the rediteller network, so even if they don't have 4 thousand, they have an awful lot of them in Darwin.

Comment

Re: No account fees with NAB/other banks. But they don't have 4000 ATMs and awesome online banking
                        how many of those ATMs are in Darwin tho? 2? 3?

Comment

I don't know how much exposure to Bank West you guys have, but they have zero account fees, and they will cover all ATM charges, even ones from other banks, so I get to use any ANZ, NAB/Rediteller, Comm, Westpac or St George/BankSA atm, and get no fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                            You can get the fee free if you convert your old account like a Streamline to a smart access.
                            I've had my account since like, preschool, so it was converted from Streamline to Smart Access. I was still charged fees though :/

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                            how many of those ATMs are in Darwin tho? 2? 3?
                            Ha ha... more than you think.

Hmmm, BankWest sounds like a good deal at face value. Commonwealth also have access to BankWest ATMs, but no bank fees and a much wider variety of ATMs also with no fees sounds even better.

Comment

Ha ha... more than you think.
                              so 4?

Comment

Working...
                              X