Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone fix JVC Head Units?

Hey all,

I have a JVC KW-AVX800 7" Double Din which the screen nor the touch panel works but the device still works (still plays music, radio ... so forth). Is there anyone in Darwin who can fix these devices?
    Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks

I just looked at the schematics, there are fuses all over the two boards that run the display. It'd probably cost just as much to diagnose and repair as it would to replace the whole unit with a secondhand one.

Comment

I had a look at Wow the other day for their sale but the cheapest 7" Double Din unit was $1300 ... comes with all the spastic things like GPS!
      Oh well, thanks for looking into it ... will just have to look for a simple one that can play videos via HDD and MP3's.

Comment

alpine double din unit currently $999, comes with bluetooth as well, full ipod control, plays dvd's etc etc - however no gps on that model.

Comment

for that kind of coin it might be worth getting your JVC looked at. Does the touchscreen work at all? (ie not as simple as a backlight)

Comment

Bad Crispy - That's a stupidly over-priced head-unit for one that cannot even do GPS ... below is a Philips for $330 and it has full speed rear USB 2.0 ability.
            PHILIPS CED1700 Double 2 DIN 7" HD Touch Screen Car DVD Radio Player w Bluetooth | eBay

The touch screed definitely doesn't work and as I have tried to look at it myself the back-light now doesn't work :'( But I will pull it apart again and look at it tonight to see if I can get the back-light working.

Comment

It is always upsetting when something goes wrong with technological devices, but on the bright side, especially if you already decide to replace it with a new one, you can take it apart without worry and see how it functions and maybe learn something for when the same problem happens again. We took apart a 52" LCD TV to change out a couple of capacitors that shorted out, we managed to get it working again and we go to see the inside of a TV, so cool

Comment

Working...
              X