I just stumbled across a review on this shirt:

Click image for larger version

Name:	blue_led_duckie_tshirt-p235545921765246561bkm24_400.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	602447

Blue LED Duckie Shirts - Zazzle.com.au

The review says,

This is a cute tee shirt but ... the description says "A rubber duckie lit from within with blue LED light". There is no blue LED light. ... My son was extremely disappointed ... if the seller fixes the description so that other buyers are not led to believe that it lights up, I would give it a higher rating.
    I mean, I know it's a shit design, but I really don't think they deserved a bad review for something as stupid as this.

If there's no LED then the description is misleading and should indeed be changed.

Comment

Dude, there are plenty of shirts with integrated electronics these days. It's a bullshit description and I can understand why the guy is pissed. Whoever wrote the description is a retard.

I do agree that it's a shitty design though.

Comment

The artist was obviously describing the image on the shirt, not the shirt itself. Zazzle only makes printed shirts, from designs submitted by its users. Same as Cafepress, Redbubble and pretty much every on-demand online t-shirt printing service. It doesn't take a genius to work out that this one wouldn't be any different, or that the preview of the shirt clearly doesn't have an actual LED attached to it...
        Last edited by Brookie23; 18-04-12, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Dude. Way too many assumptions. You're off in your own little world if you think that most consumers know this shit. It's some dude, surfing the internet trying to find a shirt for his kid. No picture of any shirt I've seen with LEDs in it actually looks like it has ACTUAL LEDs in it. Nobody would buy it then would they?

Your argument is good if you're talking about you and people who think like you. But most people aren't you. Assumptions aside, it says in plain english "Blue LED Duckie Tees". I think a reasonable person is more likely to assume that it's got an actual LED as opposed to it being an artistic statement.

Dude, don't get me wrong. I can see as clear as day that it is a print, but most people aren't graphic designers/artistic and just don't notice that shit. If you look at the picture of just the artwork it seriously looks back lit.

Comment

At first glance, I would assume by the description that the shirt has a phyiscal LED in it.

Comment

Whoa, that was quite a passionate response. Okay, so the humour wasn't generalised enough for non-designers to follow. However, I still think there's a lot of common sense involved here. It's just as likely that the artist uploaded this as another one of their many 'designs' and simply described the print without any intention to mislead the customer. The edges of the rectangular print are clearly visible to anyone in the preview of the shirt. And the black-on-black shirt is actually not the default design; the customer would have initially seen a white t-shirt with a black rectangle on it and the 'LED' strangely placed over in the corner of the rectangle. Also, I'd imagine most people would browse or at least notice other shirt designs on the page before making a purchase, and realise that they're all prints and this shirt seems to be the only one apparently claiming to contain an LED. Wouldn't you be suspicious if it got to the payment stage and there was still no mention of batteries, what type of LED it was, washing instructions for a shirt containing an LED, etc?
              Last edited by Brookie23; 19-04-12, 11:33 AM.

Comment

It's a shirt? Come on guys. No point having a used tampon fight over.

Comment

Too Soon Chad, You knew that was my tampon and I'm still not over it

Comment

It's only going to end in a bloody mess.

Comment

Is chad all grown up?

I'd like to draw all your attention to the fact chad got two likes in 2 consecutive posts.

Edit: All I'm saying is that it's a pointless thread. That's all I'm saying. Over and out.

Comment

He's unlocked an achievement there for sure.

Comment

This thread hurts my brain

Comment

*giggle* ;P

Comment

Working...
                            X