Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still Failed in MIMO too

Comment

Scrap the lot reinstall fresh and start again?

Comment

Originally posted by RakeR View Post
        Sorry to resurrect an old thread, however is anyone having issues with NZB downloads via Giganews?

I keep getting articles missing and they all look like they are all downloading but when it tries to process it, it comes up failed.

It is happening on all my attempts since 23/11.

Don't know what is happening.
        If you're using Giganews as your only provider my guess is you're coming across files that Giganews have removed due to a DMCA request from the licence holder of the property, being the biggest provider they get copyright notices often and act accordingly. I first noticed this when I left Internode (at the time I left, Internode used 2 providers, Giga and Astra) last year and had to manage my own usenet subscriptions.

I suggest you try to create a backup/fill server in SAB using news-europe.giganews.com, the European servers apparently do not have the files removed like the US ones. This may fix your problem, however the euro downloads will be considerably slower.

The other option is to use a second/backup provider.

Comment

Fleshy, thank you for explaining what is going on.

That has worked fantasticly.

Rec, now you need to add to the LIKE, the options for a big fat KISS

Thanks again Fleshy, it was Giganews in the US and their article caching.

Comment

Your aim of 600 posts by 2010 not so good eh flesh?

Comment

Well, I've decided to go for content over volume

Comment

Working...
              X