Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Node upgrade their newsgroup feed!

Awesome news.

Retention will go from 30 days to 200+ - basically it's a full Giganews feed. (Internode to offer Giganews *and* Astraweb USEnet to customers - Internode - Whirlpool Broadband Forums)

All free for node people. Don't normally pimp ISP's but this is pretty cool.

Oh, and SABnzbd.org : Home of SABnzbd+, the Full-Auto Newsreader ftw.

Starts Tuesday. (Hopefully - just realised that that is April fools day...)

Internode Up Quotas and more

No joke it would seem.

Heres a full list of wide ranging changes Node is making.

* The Launch of Internode Naked ADSL2+
    * Single Service Migration Charge - Reduced
    * Premium Usenet Returns! (better then ever before)
    * Quota Upgrades to Home and SOHO plans at and above 20Gb, at no additional cost!
    * New Home-Extreme-Starter plan
    * Two New Plans for Home ADSL1 (Home-1500-Power15 and Home-High-Power5)
    * Three New Business ADSL1 plans - featuring UNLIMITED downloads
    * Reduction in the Excess Data Rate on Business ADSL plans
    * Changes to the 'Maximum Price Caps' on Business ADSL1 plans
    * Simplification of NodePhone Pricing.
    * New NodePhone Number Ranges
    * NodePhone MultiLine Enhancements
    * Internode Network to expands into Japan
    * Boosting Our International Network capacity via Southern Cross
    * National ATUG Award for Internode's Regional WiMax Network

Quota Upgrades for Nix!

As of 1st April 2008, all current Home & SOHO plans with monthly download quotas of 20 Gbytes or above will have their quota upgraded at no additional charge. This change will happen automatically, with immediate effect, and means that:

* if you were on a 20 Gbyte/month plan, you've now been upgraded to a 25 Gbyte/month plan at no extra charge.
    * if you were on a 30 Gbyte/month plan, you'll now be on a 40 Gbyte/month plan at no extra charge.
    * if you were on a 40 Gbyte/month plan, you'll now be on a 55 Gbyte/month plan at no extra charge.
    * if you were on a 60 Gbyte/month plan, you'll now be on a 80 Gbyte/month plan at no extra charge.
    * if you were on an 80 or 90 Gbyte/month plan, you'll now be on a 100 Gbyte/month plan at no extra charge.

Note these automatic upgrades do not apply to our older plans - only our current plans. Hence we highly recommend that all Internode Home and SOHO customers take a moment to check that they're on the best available plan for their specific needs:

* simply log into My Internode and select ' Change Access Plan ' to see the full details of your Current Plan, including the monthly charge.
    * then review our current plans - full details are listed here for Home ADSL and here for SOHO ADSL - to determine if there's a current plan available that better suits your needs. Note you may need to press the '+' button at the right of the pricing tables to reveal the higher download quota plans (or less popular speeds) on these pages.
    * if so, simply use the My Internode plan changer to request a plan change on your next monthly service rollover date. Remember there's no charge to change your monthly download quota, however a change of speed on an ADSL1 plan does involve a once-off charge of $20.
    * no action is required by customers on upgraded plans to receive the increased quota.

Comment

Yay for the strengthening AUD.

Comment

Internode back to being the best Australian ISP, hands-down.

Comment

100gb quota is fail. get more quota for less $ with iinet.

Comment

20 more but you have to watch the clock on when you use it? Bah too much hassle.

Comment

internode, u rock, that is all

Comment

You have to watch the clock, plus they're typically known for inconsistant network performance (the only reason I stuck with them in Sydney was because of their cheap plans, despite the connectivity pain). Oh and they don't offer cost-free Usenet services. Or have an unmetered Steam mirror. Or a decent games server network. Or a huge list of unmetered web radio stations. etc. etc. etc.

Comment

actually they have a pretty decent list of streaming radio, i've never experienced (in 2 + years) any network inconsistence, performance has always been maxed. watching the clock is hardly an issue when you can simply use a scheduling download client. free newsgroups would be nice, but lets just wait and see how long until 'node pulls access to that again.

Comment

Originally posted by paladin View Post
                    watching the clock is hardly an issue when you can simply use a scheduling download client.
                    I'm sure sabnzbd+ has the same scheduling ability - I've just never had to look

Comment

it does. takes about 5 seconds to set up, once you figure out that it's scheduling via cron.

Comment

Yeah, but when I want to watch something, I'd rather watch it 5 minutes from now than tommorrow due to the fact I had to schedule it because I didn't have enough on-peak usage left.

The internet for me is about convience, and off-peak/on-peak quotas aren't convenient.

Comment

yeah. i'd hate to have already downloaded 100gb and then want to watch something else, and have it take 18 hours to download because i'm already throttled. thankfully with 120gb i'm not faced with that problem as soon!

the internet for me is about convenience, and low quotas aren't convenient.

Comment

/sit... /popcorn

Comment

Working...
                            X