Gaming KB+mouse! What to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming KB+mouse! What to get?

Note: Price doesnt matter, so long as it lasts a good 5 years.

I was thinking just a logitech g15 keyboard and a logitech g9 mouse.

Unfortunately I havent play tested them... Im not to fused about the keyboard, So long as keys dont get stuck down

While the mouse, Its gotta be fat, or more specifically, tallish... and its has to be able to play on most surfaces (even on my glass table would be nice)

Last but not least... I dont want anything that is ****ing cordless! So no battery crap.

If you think I should get something else, post away

Cheers,

I have a G9. The rubberish grip wore off very quickly and I ended up having to 'peel' the rest off because it felt weird. That aside, it is quite good. I preferred the G5.

Comment

If you've been using laser mice and are comfortable with them, the G9 would be your best bet for the mouse. However if you've been an optical user up until now, you might find it feels a bit "weird" - that's the negative acceleration, a burden of current gen laser technology.

If that's the case, then you still can't really go past the MX518 in my opinion - JB has them for like $35 at the moment. Oh and the G9 doesn't sit "tall"... it's has quite a shallow depth in comparison to the G5 and previous models. So maybe the new G5 would be the better option if you do want to go laser.

As for tracking on glass, that's just stupid. You're buying gaming equipment; there's no point buying hardcore gaming peripherals if you're going to use them like a pleb. You need to buy a good surface to use it on, otherwise you might as well go buy some random piece of shit from BIG W.

The keyboard is a bit "whatever" - might as well get the G15 if you want to feel "gamer", but in reality anything will do.

Comment

I like my G15 keyboard. While its not for everyone I like my microsoft sidewinder mouse. I is on big side which can be a plus for some people.

Comment

MX518 FTW. I have my trusty one right here... and another I just got cheap from JB for when this one dies. I do slam it on the desk A LOT.

Comment

hehe, cheers guys. In response to rec's pleb gaming comment. its not for shooters the glass table. its for Civilisation 4, pizza and beers

Comment

You're playing Civ? Then why are you spending more money than you need to? You don't need a high dpi, you don't need high hz, you don't need high g's etc.

Buy a mouse, any mouse. Laser for the best tracking ability, though.

Comment

But I also play TF2 and CSS. Thus the need for a gaming mouse! I dont just play Civ silly!@

Comment

I use a Logitech MX620 laser and its fantastic.

Comment

I love my razer Death adder mouse. I have had mx518 520 G5 G7's and a G9. And all were nice while they lasted. But the feel of this mouse is longer and flater. Just feels better in my opnion

Comment

I would recommend a G15 Keyboard and a SteelSeries Ikari Laser mouse.

Best combo yet.

Comment

Have gone back to the MX518, prefer the shape of the buttons and mouse wheel.

However with my G5, definitely preferred the weight and mouse wheel button (removed the spring from it).

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                          I have a G9. The rubberish grip wore off very quickly and I ended up having to 'peel' the rest off because it felt weird. That aside, it is quite good. I preferred the G5.
                          When I said G5 I meant the MX518... I've never actually used a G5 :O

MX518 ftw.

Comment

Currently not liking the resistance of the mouse wheel button, considering voiding warranty to remove the spring from it. :p

Makes the button very hairline trigger like but just means you need more skill to use it properly.

Comment

ill have to tee up and get a mx518 then... i bought a g15 KB when i bought my new lappy last week. but i put off the mouse for more research

I use optical, but im still wondering would the laser g5 be a good move?

Comment

Working...
                              X