No announcement yet.

'Node ADSL2+ coming to everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic! 'Node ADSL2+ coming to everywhere!

just spotted this article on games.on.net: Games On Net :: General News: Internode ADSL2+ coming to a (Telstra) DSLAM near you!

If you're one of the unlucky few who is unable to enjoy Internode ADSL2+ broadband services because Internode doesn't have a DSLAM in your local exchange, we've got some news that will potentially make you a very happy camper.

Internode have signed a brand new wholesale agreement with Telstra, allowing them to provide Internode ADSL2+ to customers who are connected to an exchange which may only have a Telstra DSLAM present. This also enables Internode to offer traditional voice line rental, using standard PSTN phone lines.

Internode should be able to make ADSL2+ services available through Telstra-enabled exchanges as of next month, with bundled PSTN lines and ADSL2+ packages as of April next year. Internode managing director, Simon Hackett is excited with the new arrangement - stating that:
    We hope customers who only have access to Telstra ADSL2+ ports will appreciate the option to move up to an Internode-provided ADSL2+ service at last. We look forward to offering all our customers the option of a single Internode bill for their line rental, their phone calls and their broadband services from April 2009.
    While Internode ADSL2+ services are currently available at "more than" 100 exchanges in Australia (on its own equipment), and another 350 through Optus, the new wholesale agreement will see around another 900 exchanges with the ability to support Internode ADSL2+!
    wooohoooooooo!

niiiicceee, now if only we can get unlimited downloads for xbox and abc like iinet has ill be extra happy

Comment

I just get unlimited downloads, period. *snickers

Comment

A few months back I was reading about all these people complaining because Comcast in the US had capped everyone at 250Gb a month... lol

Comment

Yeah I read that too, heh. That was a matter of piracy prevention though, apparently. Where as Australia's low limits are simply due to provider's own data costs due to the vast nature of the country's telco and broadband infrastructure (big place, not many people).

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
            you also have bombs on busses.. so yeah

Comment

Does that mean people on RIM's will be able to get DSL2+ ?

Comment

ahhh i dont thinkso - i think the RIM prettywell prohibits that completely

Comment

Just had a look at the latest pricing on nodes site... 40Gb / mo is the most you can do without a bussiness line :S.

Im wondering weither my 55gb / month is transferable with just the speed upgrade.

Comment

try looking at, oh i dont know, the adsl2+ plans? which is what this thread is about? which have a max cap of 100gb?

Comment

sweet, next month asin 4 weeks away or 4 days away?
                      could be time to finally upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                        Yeah its nice not having to worry, always good to be able to download anything anytime.

Telstra ADSL2+ Unlimited rocks

Comment

Telstra Bigpond call it "Liberty", not unlimited. Might have something to do with the shaping to 64kbit after your 12 or 25GB cap.

When I say unlimited, I mean unlimited.

If you're talking about Telstra Internet Direct's business ADSL2+ plan, which is truly unlimited, then the retail cost is $310 a month.

I pay AUD $50.

Comment

Rec, did I say Liberty, or even BigPond.

No I said Telstra. Complete Difference in my option.

Yes I do pay $310 for true unlimited with Business, however as this is very comparable to any other service on ADSL2+ then to me it offers the most value.

I would rather pay more and know Im on the best network with the best support then anything less.

Comment

Both Bigpond and Internet Direct are Telstra in the public's eyes. And that's because "Telstra" prefixes both service names.

Telstra Internet Direct do indeed offer perhaps Australia's best data service and far more competent support than Telstra Bigpond...

But my initial comment was merely stirring the pot due to my current location and broadband pricing. As mentioned, I also have truly unlimited ADSL2+, but for a mere $50 a month.

That's $260 a month I'm pocketing and spending on beer.

Edit: Oh and in your/Telstra's defense, that $310 TID plan is exceptionally priced for Australia. Most other providers charge the same or more for a much slower 1.5 or 2mbit unlimited business connection.

Comment

Working...
                              X