Facebook integration with Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook integration with Outlook

Download here > Download details: Microsoft Outlook Social Connector Provider for Facebook

Read here > Microsoft Launches Outlook Facebook Integration [Exclusive]

Summary here >

Microsoft has integrated Facebook and Windows Live Messenger into Outlook, bringing the newsfeeds of millions of Facebook users into inboxes across the world.

Last year, Microsoft launched Outlook Social Connector, a plugin that syncs social networking feeds with your Outlook contacts, giving you immediate data on what they are doing and thinking. It started last year with LinkedIn integration, followed by promises that MySpace and Facebook were coming.

Today, Outlook completes the cycle with not only Facebook integration, but support for Windows Live Messenger as well. The company is releasing the plugin for Outlook 2003 and 2007 users as well, bringing Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Windows Live Messenger to millions of business and personal inboxes worldwide.
    Video here >

for those who don't get enough spam shit already ><

Comment

Hey that's awes... wait, people still use Outlook? Oh, that's right, you use your ISP's e-mail.

Comment

or your mailserver is Exchange...

Comment

Which is often in work scenarios. In which case, you shouldn't be using Facebook anyway?
          Last edited by rec; 14-07-10, 11:53 AM.

Comment

for a web dev, you're behind the times there rec - half our clients are using facebook to expand their businesses these days as much as i fucking loathe that shite, it's working for them.

Comment

How does one 'expland' their business?

Business expansion using these social networking tools is one thing, from a marketing and PR perspective - but not blocking Facebook access for tens, hundreds or thousands of staff is another.

I don't know of any office environment that allows the staff access to Facebook, MySpace etc.

Comment

that's what access policies are for

also, what is this 'expland' you speak of?!

Comment

Expland Definition:

To Explain, and expand at the same time.

Davve: hey Tommy, Can you expland on that?
                  Tommy: sure...

Comment

lol - Urban Dictionary knows everything!

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                      lol - Urban Dictionary knows everything!
                      It knows everything

Comment

I use Outlook in work, so FB intergration is something I wouldn't mind.

Comment

I have never used Outlook till i had to set it up for friends and a few of them use Facebook and i would think that would be good to have on it also

Comment

Those who only use Outlook for email are missing the point of it.

Comment

yup - better off with thunderbird/anything else in that instance

Comment

Working...
                              X