Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberal Comunication Policy- Your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to disembowel the next person who suggests that wireless is the future/viable alternative to NBN.

Then I'm going to jam their entrails down their throat until their entrails are in their entrails.

Then I'm going to say, "Yo Dawg, I heard you liked to digest, so i put a digestion system in your digestion system so you can digest while you digest!"

Comment

Fo Shizzle

Comment

lol the government needs to borrow money for the NBN lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
          lol the government needs to borrow money for the NBN lol.
          Didnt they set aside the money already?

Comment

LTE will be here sooner than that, it may take a few years to finish but there will be LTE coverage before the end of the year i think (RAKER may know more than me). like it or not LTE will make up part of the Broadband network and will offer decent enough speeds to people that would otherwise be on dial up.

Comment

Front page of the Australian today

Wireless threat to National Broadband Network plan | The Australian

Starts off as:
              THE growing popularity of wireless internet could have a "significant" impact on the economics of the National Broadband Network, according to Labor's own corporate advisers.

And they have warned the government that the risks associated with the taxpayer-funded NBN rollout warrant extra layers of scrutiny over the $35.9 billion project.
              Yet, discretely hidden among the words.

The document - of which only a seven-page executive summary was released - concludes that the NBN Co's corporate plan to develop the NBN is reasonable. It says the plan is produced to high standards and enables the government to make commercial decisions about the NBN Co. And the NBN Co should be able to successfully tap the financial markets for debt, given the implied government support in the project.

Comment

also neglected in the article: wireless is shit.

Comment

Also neglected. There is currently no spectrum that can be allocated towards LTE yet. NONE!!!!. Commercial TV is still using it till this very second I post this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Aegis View Post
                    also neglected in the article: wireless is shit.
                    QFT - I've never been in a situation where I'd use wireless over wired unless I had to.

Comment

PLUS ONE

Comment

Wheres insid? He would have better insight into this

Comment

which bit Joshy?

Lothar using that spectrum was only one option of many, there is plenty of spectrum they can use to get this done, you didnt really think they would wait for the government to do something did you? :p

Comment

Also different parts of the spectrum are affected in different ways by the environment and also limit the amount of data that can be carried too.

Which I'll add is another reason why wireless will be shit and always be shit be in future in comparison to fibre, etc.

Worth looking at regarding radio spectrum in Australia:

Comment

would anyone actually compare it to fibre?

Comment

Politicians. :p

Comment

Working...
                                X