3D gaming support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D gaming support

Well now i finally decided id give the whole 3D gaming thing a try seeing i had all the materials needed

Well i figured i did....

Sony Bravia KDL-40HX800 with 3d glasses and receiver
    ATI 6970 Connected with the 1.4 hdmi cable or whatever one it is you need.

Apparently you need a steroscopic driver, i have tried neally all i can find and i'm still unable to get it to work.

Has anyone successfully got this to work without pulling out all your hair ?

Man i knew Sony monitors are crap but damn no support for pc's at all for steroscopic ..... GO SONY!

Using an ATI card for 3D requires middleware technologies; DDD's Stereo 3D or iZ3D.

Some reading:

- 3D films and games with glasses from ATI before Christmas
    - AMD With New 6800 series GPUs and the AMD HD3D Technology - 3D Vision Blog

Comment

oh? another reason ATI sucks? shock, horror

Comment

I have the same TV but an nvidia card. From what I gathered when I looked into it you cant just play 3D through your TV you need to use the recently released nvidia 3DTV play
        Turn your 3D TV into the ultimate, high-definition, 3D entertainment experience by connecting it to your NVIDIA? GeForce? GPU-powered PC or notebook.
        NVIDIA 3DTV Play Software at a glance:

? Works with HDMI 1.4 3D TVs and compatible 3D glasses system, including Panasonic? VIERA? Full HD 3D Plasma TVs. For a current list of supported 3D TVs and receivers, please click here.
        ? Enjoy crisp, stunning Blu-ray? 3D movies in full 1080p HD playback.* Your GeForce GPU accelerates the video decoding to provide seamless 3D quality.
        ? Converts your standard PC games into 3D so you can play over 500 PC games in stunning 3D environments, such StarCraft? II: Wings of Liberty?, Mafia? II, and Call of Duty? Black Ops?.
        ? Browse 3D photographs on your 3D TV or view them in a slideshow with the included 3D photo viewing software.
        Dunno if its any good though coz Im not buying it without trying it first and I cant seem to find an "evaluation version"

Comment

I don't think you'll be able to use it on your TV anyway guys - it's 200Hz "Motionflow", which means it's actually a 100Hz TV. Motionflow is just the bullshit spin Sony put on their interpolated frames tech, which intelligently inserts a fake frame between every real one.

You need a legitimate 120Hz display to use things like Nvidia 3D Vision, afaik.

Comment

Working...
          X