Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone4 Jailbreak (simlocked)

Guys,

missus got an iphone 4 simlocked to the vodaphone network .. Need to jailbreak it so i can use it instead of her :p but im a telstra fan boi. So in saying that went looking for some jailbreak assistance and so far the results are huge.

Anybody had any particular success with one over another or any recent experience I should know about before I jailbreak?

Cheers

i think voda will unlock it for 25$
    mate at work did it and it all went smoothly. let me dig up link for ya

Comment

Unlocking your device from the Vodafone network
      you should be able to find your way from here.

if u still want to go down the unlock path then whirlpool forums is the best source of information for that topic.

Comment

unlocking iphones from any network is free, but theres a difference between jailbreaking an iphone and unlocking one. I have 2 with 2 different providers and unlock was free and I had a iphone 3gs with virgin and that was free too, my providers are optus, vodaphone and use to be virgin.

Comment

I helped a mate recently unlock his iPhone 4. Procedure is to first jailbreak, then get an app from Cydia (which you get access to once jail broken). The app allows you to then unlock your phone from your carrier. Can't remember what the app was called - ultrasnow, I think.

Let me know if you need more help - all in all, the process took about 5 minutes, with no issues at all.

Comment

I dont understand why people jailbreak the iphone? all i know is that in doing so you can get all the apps without paying, but they're all cheap anyway, what else can you do with a jailbroken iphone? haven't read into it much.

But if you just want it unlocked, call your provider and its free..

Comment

Here's a few reasons -

The 12 Best Reasons To Jailbreak Your iPhone | Where Am I?

But basically (aside from the ability to trial apps before you buy them ), it's about the extra tweakability you get - I'm on an ipad here, jailbroken on 4.3.1.

Comment

the thread got me thinking and i read up a little, im in the process of JB now

Comment

I thought half the point of jailbreaking was to optain free apps, you still have to pay with cydia?

Comment

Only with some apps - and there's ways around that, too ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Ph3n0m3n0n View Post
                      I dont understand why people jailbreak the iphone?
                      Freedom from iTunes....

I laugh at all the mac zealots left over from last century, the constant moaning about windows, and bill gates being the devil.

Little did those idiots realize it would all turn full circle with itunes and steve jobs, suffer in your jocks fools. You are the exact thing you despised all those years ago.

Reduced to nothing but simple robots ruled by itunes, show me your freedom and individuality now.

Comment

Tell us what you really think

Yeah im trying to jailbreak mine now, but no luck because I rely on my phone to be unlocked so i can use another SP Sim card but I have version 04.10.01 and apparently I can't have it JB'en without having it locked

If theres anything you can think of other then buying that $70 wierd sim card to have it JB'en and unlocked, im all ears...

Cheers and sorry Kurt if i've stolen the thread, hope what we are on about helps you too.

Comment

How did you go?

Comment

Working...
                          X