Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got fibre what are the chances of getting it connected.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got fibre what are the chances of getting it connected.

Long story. Once upon a time we had a fibre link connecting our Stuart Park office to the turf club for broadcasting the races. This link was via the Telstra Darwin city exchange, long since disconnected.

The physical cable is still in the build I can see the big blue bundle running in the conduit past our comms cabinet up the where the old studio used to be(which happens to contain my server rack now). I can see 1 fibre cables (not the bundle) coming out of the end of the conduit to an old termination box.

At no stage when exploring updating our internet and general comms into our building has the fibre been mentioned by Telstra.

Anyone had any experience getting old fibre recommissioned at a reasonable price.

there's a lot of distance between you and the darwin exchange. I guarantee you some cock with a backhoe has severed it at some point along the way.

Comment

shouldnt be that hard, will depend on who owns the fibre, and then request a fibre service, wont be cheap tho

Comment

Originally posted by insidious View Post
        shouldnt be that hard, will depend on who owns the fibre, and then request a fibre service, wont be cheap tho
        Bush mechanic it.

Test it out and simulate it with this....

Comment

Working...
        X