Importing mobile will it work here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing mobile will it work here?

Hey, I'm looking at importing a Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc because I can't wait for its overpriced release in Aus

Just want to know if this will work on normal 3g networks here

Would probably get it from the UK and its listed specs are -

GSM/GPRS Yes
    Frequencies 850, 900, 1800, 1900
    Speed
    3G/HSPA Yes
    Frequencies 900, 2100
    Speed

Is that 3g/900 frequency what we use in Aus?

Does anyone have any recommeded international sites they get their phones from?

Thanks in advance (will be my first Smart phone)

It will work on optus and vodaphone at proper 3g speeds. Telstra is 850mhz instead of 900.

edit: someone confirm for me so he dosent blame me lol

Comment

Did some research,

Looks like it will work on 3g with Telstra

Earlier 3G (2100MHz) Mobile Devices - Telstra

But only till early 2012

Are the optus/vodafone networks any good in Darwin? Only ever been with Telstra

Comment

you are both right on the telstra front.
        Telstra use both 2100 and 850.
        2100 is used mostly in the cities if you want the extra coverage from telstra that is all on 850

Comment

Originally posted by Tachi View Post
          Did some research,

Looks like it will work on 3g with Telstra

Earlier 3G (2100MHz) Mobile Devices - Telstra

But only till early 2012

Are the optus/vodafone networks any good in Darwin? Only ever been with Telstra
          I hear Optus are getting better in leaps and bounds but still Telstra has the best reception (even if that is the only part of their service they got right).

Voda is by far the worst choice you can make, even if they have some of the best phones first, their reception is horrible no matter where you are in Australia.

Comment

i'm using optus network via Virgin. Have had zero issues with them in the last few years. Only place I've found I don't get a signal is in our server room - but none of the carriers do in there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by morge View Post
              you are both right on the telstra front.
              Telstra use both 2100 and 850.
              2100 is used mostly in the cities if you want the extra coverage from telstra that is all on 850
              this is the basics of it, Telstras 2100 network is not huge, if you want good network performance (and i assume you do with a phone like the Arc) i would hang out for the Telstra release.

You know your going to upgrade it when they Turn 4G on dont you :p

Comment

Working...
              X