system interrupts deferred procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system interrupts deferred procedure

Anyone know wtf this might be? one of my cores spirals into 100% utilisation and the system becomes really unresponsive. The performance tab of resource monitor shows the cause to be system interrupts - defered procedure calls.

I'm running windows 7 x64 Pro. Windows updates are installed.

I like Google. It's fun.

Try this?

Windows 7: High CPU usage due to system interrupts (Deferred procedure calls and interrupt service routines) | languor.us

Comment

amazingly enough, i did think to try Google, it isn't just the realm of hipsters like yourself. There are 100s of thousands of pages out there with as many 'solutions' - which is why i figured i'd ask here, since a fair number of people on GU are tech support.

Incidentally, saw that one, and zero joy from it. :/

have tried uninstalling and reinstalling latest wifi drivers, cpu drivers, mboard chipset drivers (even the onboard audio which i dont use), rolled back windows updates a few weeks, and last but most definitely not least: turned it off and then on again.

It's a weird issue tho, comes and goes.

Comment

Reformat is the way to go. Did you try the usual? chkdsk? verify os files etc?

Comment

hmm not chkdisk, will give that a shot

Comment

Just realised I should post here that uninstalling the nVidia 3D Vision driver resolved this for me.

Comment

Working...
            X