• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of a dieing video card?

Okay my 9800gt is showing the following signs

5-10 blue screens of death per day
    2d painting problems
    youtube crashing computer when playing a video on high CPU and memory usage

This only has started happening when i got back home this week. Any recommendations what to do. I've updated to the latest graphics drivers so here is hoping everything is okay.

Any suggestions? with anyone else who've had graphic cards problems?

What is the BSOD error that comes up?

Sounds like it's time to upgrade anyway.

Comment

nv_disp.dll , blah blah.. I can get the full blue screen dump next time.

Comment

Maybe try and find an older set of drivers and see if it still does it.

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
          nv_disp.dll , blah blah.. I can get the full blue screen dump next time.
          I had that problem on my old PC a few years ago. The crash was intermittent though.

I tried reinstalling every version of driver known to man, complete drive wipe, windows reinstalls etc.

It turned out, that my video card was indeed in it's throngs of death. I replaced it and about 2 months later my PCI-E slot died as well :/

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
            Okay my 9800gt is showing the following signs

5-10 blue screens of death per day
            2d painting problems
            youtube crashing computer when playing a video on high CPU and memory usage

This only has started happening when i got back home this week. Any recommendations what to do. I've updated to the latest graphics drivers so here is hoping everything is okay.

Any suggestions? with anyone else who've had graphic cards problems?
            For the "youtube crashing computer when playing a video on high CPU and memory usage"

try updating to flash 10.3 also try turning off hardware acceleration.

Another area to look are your temps of the card and whether the fan still spins.

try a full uninstall and clean of drivers?

Comment

Updated the drivers last night and have not experienced another BSOD. I do remember installing before i left ultra VNC though im not 100% sure it was the cause of the deadly blue screen.

Will update flash tonight see if that helps. Also when I say high cpu usage, its normally when I'm compiling C++ code that is some 1 million lines of code with Xoreax IncrediBuild that puts all 4 cpus to 100%, and uses 2-3 other machines beside me.

Comment

Chad, if you are interested and have space in your case, I have a 9800gx2 you can get off me cheap.

INNO3D 9800GX2 OC

XGCDB - Inno3D Geforce 9800 GX2 OC

Comment

Working...
                X