OMG.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG.........

That annoying moment when you are about to finish your big upgrade and realise at 10pm that your new mobo has no ide and all your opitcals you kept are ide and that your case fans need an adapter, if you wish them all to run, that you stripped many years ago.........and so another 24hrs must pass....
    note to self.....don't leave upgrades to every 5 years

OR plan to finish your upgrade before COB.

Comment

I am doing a full upgrade next week

OLD
      Q6600
      4gb DDR3 1333
      G41 chip set mobo
      Geforce GTX285

New AMD Phenom 2 X6 1100T (Temp till bulldoser X8/X16)
      GA-990FXA-UD7 AM3+
      8GB DDR3 1600
      2x Radeon 6970 2GB
      Case DF85 or other

Comment

Any reason why you're going with a Phenom? They're fucking shithouse. I wouldn't even go with one temporarily.

Comment

it costs more for Quad Xfire/SLI Mobo for intel than AMD
          I could go
          Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 Motherboard [GA-Z68X-UD5-B3] - $315.00 : PC Case Gear

Intel Core i7 2600K [BX80623I72600K] - $325.00 : PC Case Gear

Comment

You're wasting your time with those GPUs and a shitty AMD CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by craZy C View Post
              That annoying moment when you are about to finish your big upgrade and realise at 10pm that your new mobo has no ide and all your opitcals you kept are ide
              Back to the topic starter; optical drives? Put your Windows install on a thumb drive, and download the rest of your software. I haven't had an optical drive in my PC since the end of 2008 - there's just no need for CDs anymore.

Comment

Blue Ray!

Comment

I've got one of those, in my media centre. That I haven't used in almost two years.

Comment

But those of us stuck behind Telstra wholesale internet downloading high quality movies is not a option. I would play blueray dvds on the pc because I would have to turn on my PS3 to play them otherwise.

Comment

i have the samsung bluray reader and i sold the 2nd one to lothar

Comment

that should solve Crazy C's problem

Comment

Originally posted by Xolares View Post
                          i have the samsung bluray reader and i sold the 2nd one to lothar
                          <--- Thread

Xolares ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

It looked more awesome in the edit box.

Comment

Problem....nah......few more glasses of red and all was fine.....Finally got everything up and running and well sweet comes to mind....There was however the old OMG it wont start problem. Turns out you cannot mix one modular cable from one PSU with another.
                            Have got some piccies that i will post when i get a chance. OS took about 9mins to install, its going to take a few days to move everything around on the drives the way i want them.....

Comment

Had the same issue with the sabourtooth mobo,
                              No IDE connections and my DVD burner relies on this

New comp is kicking ass thow
                              16gb gskill 4gb x 4 @ 2000
                              ASUS sabourtooth
                              500 hybrid drive

Comment

Working...
                              X