Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitcoins - online p2p currency

Anyone involved in mining or the likes?

I am currently mining in a pool on http://mining.bitcoin.cz using software from this link GUI mining - updated host address for slush's poolOn my Laptop I am averging 50Mhash/s which has earnt me about 0.08 BTC a day.

Would you be making the cost of electricty back running it off a laptop? Don't you need to get AMD GPU's to actually get something out of it?

Comment

I am boarding with my mates auntie. < Cost of electricity I am not too fussed about when she has a 70" plasma tv in the lounge running all the time.Yes it is true that ATI graphics cards do get something out of it. (I am running a 5700M)

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
        I am boarding with my mates auntie. < Cost of electricity I am not too fussed about when she has a 70" plasma tv in the lounge running all the time.Yes it is true that ATI graphics cards do get something out of it. (I am running a 5700M)
        Recently the market price of bitcoins have reduced in value. Is it really worth generating with the difficulty factor being at the sparatic level its at atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuayu101 View Post
          Recently the market price of bitcoins have reduced in value. Is it really worth generating with the difficulty factor being at the sparatic level its at atm.
          You saying that because of this article? Friday's Big Swings, Mostly Down, Illustrate Bitcoin Value Volatility - Slashdot

This decline only happened on one of the few exchanges. And already has recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
            You saying that because of this article? Friday's Big Swings, Mostly Down, Illustrate Bitcoin Value Volatility - Slashdot

This decline only happened on one of the few exchanges. And already has recovered.
            Wow, i havent seen the recent updated price on mtgox until now. I didnt expect the price to return that fast back.

Comment

It might be the conspiracy theorist in me, but this bitcoins shit looks like a ponzie scheme.

Comment

For reference here is the performance of proper AMD cards

From The fastest HD 69xx miner. 250 BTC.

840 Mhash/sec on a Radeon HD 6990 (BIOS switch at "overclocked" position 1; with "aticonfig --odsc=960,1260" to further overclock the GPU to 960 MHz and mem to 1260 MHz)
                802 Mhash/sec on a Radeon HD 6990 (BIOS switch at "overclocked" position 1; with "aticonfig --odsc=915,1260" to further overclock the GPU to 915 MHz and mem to 1260 MHz)
                746 Mhash/sec on a Radeon HD 6990 (BIOS switch at "overclocked" position 1) -- this is higher than the theoretical 723 Mhash/s I would expect for this clock because hdminer leaves some TDP headroom which allows AMD PowerTune to dynamically adjust the clock to a value averaging more than 880MHz
                708 Mhash/sec on a Radeon HD 6990 (BIOS switch at "default" position 2) -- this speed has been measured with Catalyst 11.1. Catalyst 11.2 through 11.4 contain a performance regression affecting my compute shader that downgrades the speed to 683 Mhash/s. However because aticonfig in Catalyst 11.1 does not support the HD 6990, I advise users to initially install Catalyst 11.4 or later, run aticonfig to generate xorg.conf, then downgrade to 11.1 for operating hdminer on a day-to-day basis.
                569 Mhash/sec on a Radeon HD 5970 (stock clock 725MHz)

Comment

Been mucking around with this for fun. Bought some extra bits of gear, finally gave me an excuse to buy a second 5870 for crossfire (in the mail). Also picked up the few parts I needed to build a second rig and will run a few 5870s/5850s in that. Not sure what my daily rate is now after the difficulty change, probably .6-.7 BTC per day. Figure I'll get in, try to make enough cash to build myself a new rig in a few months and then see how the market is holding up, decide whether to get out. Just got to work out how to exchange them for cash now .

At the moment I have:

5870 @ 910 core 300 mem doing ~400 Mhash/s
                  5850 @ 935 core 300 mem doing ~372 Mhash/s

I found that decreasing memory speeds down to the minimum either doesn't affect hash rates, in fact I think it increased them slightly on my 5870. Also saves power and lowers heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                    Been mucking around with this for fun. Bought some extra bits of gear, finally gave me an excuse to buy a second 5870 for crossfire (in the mail). Also picked up the few parts I needed to build a second rig and will run a few 5870s/5850s in that. Not sure what my daily rate is now after the difficulty change, probably .6-.7 BTC per day. Figure I'll get in, try to make enough cash to build myself a new rig in a few months and then see how the market is holding up, decide whether to get out. Just got to work out how to exchange them for cash now .

At the moment I have:

5870 @ 910 core 300 mem doing ~400 Mhash/s
                    5850 @ 935 core 300 mem doing ~372 Mhash/s

I found that decreasing memory speeds down to the minimum either doesn't affect hash rates, in fact I think it increased them slightly on my 5870. Also saves power and lowers heat.
                    try mtgox to exchange btc. Its the most popular exchange

Comment

Originally posted by Joshuayu101 View Post
                      try mtgox to exchange btc. Its the most popular exchange
                      My problem is how to get USD from Mt. Gox into my Australian bank account. Paypal support on Mt. Gox was removed because buyers kept reversing payments. Their options are Dwolla, which isn't available to customers outside the USA, and Liberty Reserve, with which I can't see a way of moving money into Australia.

Comment

World's First Virtual Heist? BitCoin User Loses $500,000 | PCWorld the BTC has been transferred to the address advertised by lulzsec..

Comment

Once this gets onto CNN or news outlet I see that value of BitCoin will take off like a loaded gun

Comment

loaded guns don't take off. dumbass.

Comment

Figure of speech, also your a dumb-ass for reading what I write.

Comment

Working...
                              X