recommend a phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend a phone

Need a smart phone less prone to having it's screen smashed in than an iphone 4.

Don't really need a full smart phone just something that supports Exchange Active Sync for email calender and contacts + basic web browser for the BoM site.

An recommendations.

Only condition is not blackberry as I don't want to set up BPS for one user.

A cheap Android will do the trick. As cheap as $150, just do a search on Dick Smith's website. Example;

- MOTOROLA XT5 Touch Android? Unlocked Mobile Phone | Dick Smith Online Shopping

Comment

You can probably get the HTC Desire at a reasonable price now. Root it. Put MIUI on it. Gold.

Comment

xperia x10s are cheap as dirt but not sure about the screen - I don't THINK it's gorilla glass, but could be wrong. my wife has dropped some pretty hefty shit on hers and it hasnt even scratched it let alone cracked the screen (scuff marks on the case are another matter entirely). Setting it up for external Exchange access was a piece of piss - which is annoying because I haven't been able to get any of our external employees' PCs to do the same...

Comment

BTW money not really an issue since we are already rotating iphones in repair every 3-6months for this person. Simple would be good as it is for our structure assembly crew chief.

Comment

I don't want to hijack too much, but for those recommending Android phones for exchange access, what app are you using?

Comment

If money isn't an issue why not just get another iPhone? They're about as simple as a phone gets if you want web and Exchange.

Comment

HTC Sensation.

Comment

Originally posted by UnSCaRReD View Post
                  I don't want to hijack too much, but for those recommending Android phones for exchange access, what app are you using?
                  the moxier stuff that came with my phone - it's a bit of a drain on the battery tho and i understand SE is killing it off in favour of something else when the android 2.3 update drops in August.

Comment

Touchdown works well, pointed it to my works webmail address with my user id and pw and it figured out the settings for me. The help desk couldn't give me enough detail for me to get my work email working on any other app. Try the demo and then pay for the full version, you'll like the demo.

In regards, to the phone, the htc incredible S is good to, it's not hi powered enough to cost a mint, but it will do daily operations (web, email, etc) smoothly.

I don't rate the sony x10, it's ok but doesn't feel that stong. I have the HTC Desire, it will also do but if moneys not an issue the Incredible S is a great mid range phone.

Comment

The default email application that comes with Android does active sync very nicely. Note: not every phone has this (unless they lisence the app from google)

Related note. Get them a Otterbox Defender and let them go nutz. they are pretty hard to brake unless they like drive something into the glass. (then in that case nothing will stop the fone from breaking)

Comment

Like Lothar I too just use the stock email app on the HTC ROM's and that works a treat with exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                          The default email application that comes with Android does active sync very nicely. Note: not every phone has this (unless they lisence the app from google)
                          Default application that comes with HTC Phones. Called "Work Email" works, however the email application that is from my Dell Streak don't work with exchange.

Comment

iPhone 4 Cases, iPad 2 Cases, Tablet Cases & More // OtterBox.com
                            ^ Also for lots of other phones like HTC.

Our boss dropped his last phone in the river, if anyone finds a solution for that, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                            X