Help with choosing a projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with choosing a projector

So I'm looking at picking up a projector.

Primary usage will be gaming / movies; projected onto a white wall.
    I know what games look like through a projector, so that's not an issue.

I'm more so interested in what specifics to look for in a projector.
    I've seen a lot of them that list x or y lumens; and to be honest they're all over the place. It feels a bit like when they tell you the B:W ratios on TV's.

Anyone own one or have advice what to steer clear of etc?

What is your budget?
    Check out Projectors, Projector Reviews, LCD Projectors, Home Theater DLP Projectors at ProjectorCentral.com
    Run the lens calculator to check the screen size and throw distance of your chosen projector.
    It they have the details you will be able to get a brightness rating on the screen I try to aim about 75nits when specing a projector.
    I mostly use sanyo and NEC (plus a number of pro brands that likely out of your budget unless you won lotto recently)but that is mostly because that is who our wholesale accounts are with.. Panasonic have a very good rep for home theatre projectors.

Comment

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 8350 Review

Try that one 3 LCD panel I would avoid DLP projectors at the cheep end if you can see the colour swirls.
      The only thing I would want to see in person is how the auto iris behaves as even expensive projectors get this wrong occasionaly. I have a pair here that I absolutly hate because because the auto iris lags on extream changes and can't be completely disabled.

Comment

Working...
      X