Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amazing deal... is it real?

NEW WD Elements Desktop 2TB External Hard Drive USB2 | eBay

He only has 6 feedback items, and they're of him buying stuff. That drive is $98 at Office Works - so $36 doesn't seem right. His profile says he's in Canada, yet somehow he's offering free delivery to Australia.

Screams dodgy.

Comment

Picture of the box looks like 1tb written (on my dodgy work monitor anyways), and when i click to enlarge, the picture cant be found, seems sus as

Comment

meh id give it a go, just make sure you use paypal, their disputes system is great.

Comment

What Knight said - grab one, use Paypal. If it's legit then you're gravy. If it's a scam get your money back.

Comment

heh watch it turn out to be like that recent article on slashdot - where the drive caddy had been hacked to hold a 128mb flash drive instead of an actual HDD.

Magical Chinese Hard Drive - Slashdot
            "From TFA: 'A Russian friend .... works at a hard-drive repair center in a Russian town, located near the Chinese border. A couple of days ago a customer brought a broken 500GB USB-drive that he had bought in a Chinese store across the river, for an insanely low price. But the drive was not working: if you, say, save a movie onto the drive, playing the saved movie back resulted in replaying just the last 5 minutes of the film.' Apparently, the contents of the external HDD box included: two nuts, glued to the inner surface of the box with a 128MB flash drive wedged between them (image
            and Canada's near Russia!

edit: i love how google is a better search engine for slashdot than slashdot's own engine...

Comment

Google is better for everything than everything else's anything.

Comment

It is surely going to be fake. The picture itself isnt his as you can see the watermark from the second img. The Chinese paper under the HD also backs it up.
                If you still want it, just ask him to take real life pics of it.
                As agies said, watch out for deceiving practices as illustrated by the pic below

Click image for larger version

Name:	usbfail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	596860

Ebay in general
                Attached Files

Comment

Item removed.

Comment

i reported them

Comment