Internode Plan changes - Jul 2011.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internode Plan changes - Jul 2011.

So Internode are playing change up again with their plans. Doesn't look entirely positive, looks like making everything more expensive and/or forcing everyone onto nodeline.

Internode :: About :: News and Media :: Internode announces revised broadband plans

Internode announces revised broadband plans
    12-07-2011

Internode has revised prices and data quotas across its range of ADSL2+ plans.
    Key changes for new customer sales include:
    Internode's popular Easy Naked service has been revised to align with phone line bundled Easy Bundle and Easy Broadband plans. The new Easy Naked plans are now bundled too, with every new Easy Naked service including a fully featured NodePhone VoIP telephone service with $10 worth of calling credit each month at no extra cost.
    The new Easy Broadband and Easy Bundle plans have had a quota boost of 50GB in the most popular plan tiers, at the same price point. Entry level pricing is unchanged.
    Easy Broadband, Easy Bundle and Easy Naked plan tables have been simplified, and each now offers just four easy choices for entry-level, mid-range, large, and super-large (terabyte) quota needs.
    Internode 'Easy Reach' plans, delivered via Telstra Wholesale data paths, have been revised to more accurately reflect the underlying costs to deliver these services. The 200GB 'Easy Reach' plan has been retired in favour of new 100GB and 250GB plans at price points that properly reflect their high underlying delivery cost.
    The discount for bundling phone line rental is now $20 per month. This bundling discount is not available in Telstra 'zone 2 and 3' areas, again reflecting the access cost structure provided in these zones by Telstra Wholesale.
    Minimum contract term requirements and plan downgrade fees that applied to some previous plans have been removed in the new plan tables.
    More Information

Oh and they're hinting at dropping usenet.

Comment

I already have my home phone with Node. And I've been happy to pay $130 for 1TB with Node, but if they drop Usenet I'll certainly be moving to TPG - I can't argue with $59.99 for unlimited ADSL2+, including phone line.

Comment

For clarity, it's not actually going away yet. As mentioned in the other thread: Premium USENet continues to be provided to existing customers at this time, however we're currently re-evaluating whether we retire or modify this service in the future. No decision has yet been made regarding the timing of any changes to this service for existing customers.

In the mean time, it's been removed as a 'promotional' item from our website for new customers. This isn't linked to the plan changes at all, the timing is just coincidental. The service continues today as normal for existing customers.

Michael Kratz - Internode

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...1&p=-1&#bottom
        mmmmm... better not get rid of it Node! I pay a premium for that shizzle!

Comment

Apparently naked connection costs have gone up, so they're bundling lines for the same price as naked.

Plan prices changed to be about the same with bundling, however if you're in zone 2 or 3 (NT) you're boned, no bundling, so you pay the increased plan prices, and additionally continue to pay internode or telstra full price for your line. Prices are up, DLs are down, usenet may go away. TPG looking good.

Will have to re-evaluate when the nextgen cable gets here and see whether we're still zone 3.

Comment

damn it node, i really wish they would start aggressively competing or at least matching with these plans.
            they have been the best isp i've ever been with, but me and my wallet are much better off with other isp's atm.

atm i pay $70, for an equivalent plan with node it would be $140
            and they would shape me to half of my current shaping speed
            Last edited by mepm; 12-07-11, 07:06 PM.

Comment

yay for grandfathered plans... they can take my 200gb plan from my cold dead hands.

Comment

Looks like an improvement for me. I now should get 50G extra. I'm with rec though on usenet access. If they get rid of that I'm off.
                Last edited by ResLo; 12-07-11, 09:20 PM.

Comment

The thing that you may or may not realise that Internode has a supierier international capacity that the likes of TPG does. If you value downloading overseas expect to see congestion at peak times.

And as for customer service.... Should I say more.

It is not just about paying for your line costs to telstra it is the underlying network behind the connection that you pay for.

Watch out for TPG's contracts too. You may find that you would be eligble for an early termination fee for churning back if your not happy.

For those in Darwin in Zone 3 (everyone but the CBD) I would wait till the nextgen firber is officialy lit (real soon nowTM) and Node decide if they will build DSLAM's in Darwin (as they have done in Alice) it will be great.

Comment

im with adam, same network as node, i get all the same unmetered content etc. but it all works out about 1- bucks a month less.
                    downsides are, no mum altho we can get a widget or iphone app that is similar and the dl limit is peak and off peak. not everything is perfect but im happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                      The thing that you may or may not realise that Internode has a supierier international capacity that the likes of TPG does. If you value downloading overseas expect to see congestion at peak times.
                      OD is with TPG and afaik notices no dramatic change in download speeds at anytime, from anywhere.

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                      And as for customer service.... Should I say more.
                      I've had to contact support just a few times in the last 7 years - and that's spanning accounts with iiNet, Internode and Telstra. Good support is important, if you use it.

TPG Unlimited + landline + A-grade Usenet = $85
                      Node 1TB + landline + OK Usenet = $140

As I said, I'm happy paying that; a premium price for a premium service. But if they drop Usenet, then that's the provider's biggest value add (for me) gone. I'll be reactivating my Giganews account and moving ISPs if it eventuates, or even if they try and charge extra for it. I'm already paying +$10 for a static IP. :/

Comment

Dosen't nodes power pack also make your service not count uploads too?

Originally posted by rec View Post
                        OD is with TPG and afaik notices no dramatic change in download speeds at anytime, from anywhere.

That is fair enough. If it is not a problem now I can possibly see it becoming one in the future with all the new sign ups that they seem to be getting for their price bracket. All I can see is it only getting worse in the future or frocing their customers to be placed on more expensive plans. Although this statement may not be true overnight it is just more likely to occur to a budget ISP than say Internode / iiNet.
                        Last edited by Lothar; 12-07-11, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Sure, but maybe you missed the part where TPG is unlimited. And you get a static IP.

Comment

I'm not sure if this has come along at a bad time or a good time*. I'm going to be moving house in the next week or two and will be getting a connection under my own name (since atm it's my housemate's plan) and I was just going to go with one of the Node Easy plans, but shit's gone all weird now, yo. I don't really use usenet that much so its eventual disappearance from Node wouldn't bother me, but what was going to just be a straight forward sign up with Node is now going to require some research to make sure I couldn't get a better deal elsewhere.

Damn those arseholes for making me, you know, DO something.

* I say "good time" because it might turn out I'll be better off in the long run by being forced to shop around!

Comment

Just had a further look
                              ADSL2+ Unlimited~

~ Limited Coverage availability at selected TPG Exchanges.

Comment

Working...
                              X