HTC sensation Vs Samsung Galaxy S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HTC sensation Vs Samsung Galaxy S2

i have just managed to get out of my vodafone contract 13 months early, due to continued shit service and network.

im now looking at joining up with the devil (telstra) as i need a phone and network that will be able to use reliably for work and play, more so for work.

after some rooting around ive come to an impass.

either the Samsung Galaxy S2
    Samsung GALAXY S II

or the HTC sensation
    HTC Sensation Product Overview - HTC Smartphones

After many days of reading and watching reviews, playing with both of the handsets and much deliberating with myself, i still cant decide.

The Galaxy is winning atm marginally due to the 16gb internal memory and the super AMOLED+ Screen.

however i dislike the look and feel of the GS2, and the touchwiz interface samsung use.

The sensation feels nicer, looks nicer, and the HTC sense 3 interface is brilliant.
    downside is 1gb internal memory, superLCD screen.

The Samsung is also significantly better performance wise according to a few phone benchmarks i've views ran on both devices.

anyone have either of the phones and would like to add and pro's or cons to the list that i should be aware of?

Go the Samsung. HTC are a great phone, I've got the Desire. 500mb internal is not cutting it, I have to root my phone soon because of the bloatware. And I can image that in the future 1gig won't service. The GS2 will last longer, I can't say much about the interface, but if it's that bad go vanilla if it's root-able.

Comment

an imp ass - lol

Comment

Samsung are shit. They take forever to update. Their phones deteriorate noticeably over time. Every person I know with a Galaxy regrets it.

Go HTC imo.

Comment

Also there is lots and lots of ROMS for the HTC's. Don't worry about the benchmarking, install a custom ROM and your away.

Comment

unfortunately the sensation has no bootloader, they removed it.

apparently they will be adding it via an update in the future, but there is no set date so far.

Comment

I think comparing the first Galaxy and GS2 is a bit wrong, they are very different phones. I find the Galaxy to compare to the Desire, and it to degrades over time as well. They are all like computers, they might need a clean slate now and again.

Comment

Yeah but they're both Samsung. I'm not comparing them at all. They're the same shit brand.

Comment

I'd go the HTC, I find the build is better on the Sensation. Also doesn't have so much of a iphone clone feel to it. Even the otterbox for the Sensation doesn't look like crap like the GS2's one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    I'd go the HTC, I find the build is better on the Sensation. Also doesn't have so much of a iphone clone feel to it.
                    this is my main issue with the samsung looks and feels way to much like an iphone, and HTC definitely feel better constructed.

Comment

I have the Sensation and have used EOS's S2 numerous times.

Very similar phones, but the HTC has a higher res screen and better build quality.

Comment

HTC sounds cooler than S2

Comment

Originally posted by rec View Post
                          I have the Sensation and have used EOS's S2 numerous times.

Very similar phones, but the HTC has a higher res screen and better build quality.
                          hows the screen on the sensation? as in brightness and glare wise?
                          i love the look of the super AMOLED over the higher res superLCD.
                          Notice any issues with internal storage running low due to app usage?

Comment

No complaints about glare or brightness. The screen res is a bigger bonus than an AMOLED screen in my opinion anyway. It's still not quite as good as the iPhone 4, but it's very good.

Comment

I've been a HTC fan for number of years now, starting with a diamond, then hd, then hd2, and now I'm on the hd7.
                              they make awesome phones.

Comment

Working...
                              X