Turn off "Your Security setting level puts your computer at risk"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off "Your Security setting level puts your computer at risk"

If sometimes you have no choice but to fire up IE every once in a few millenia then you'll get the horrible annoying intrusive message of "Your security setting level puts your computer at risk". Which for me isn't a problem, because I'm not an idiot.

To fix it:

Source: Information about IE7's Fix my Settings Alert ("Your security setting level puts your computer at risk") - Spyware Sucks

Click image for larger version

Name:	accidentally_open_internet_explorer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	596953

Comment

i use IE every fortnight .. for some reason the online pay system my work uses only opens in IE .. pretty gay ..

Comment

I use IE every day. Version 8 for the win. However our application that does all of our tasks hacks IE so there is no way with using FF at all.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? IE8 is a fucking dog. Not just my opinion, fact. One of the worst performing browsers you can have installed.

It's basically a virus.

Comment

I switched to Firefox on my media centre (my gf was using IE so I didn't have to log out of all my shit on Chrome) as IE was fucking with everything. Using like a GB of RAM and peaking my quad-core out every three seconds. Absolute piece of shit.

Comment

ie at work has stopped letting you change your search provider to google, clicking the "get more providers" link takes you to the accelerators page, which does fuck all. Not sure whether that's universal.

Unfortunately I have to work on random computers, which means ie. It is a piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
                ie at work has stopped letting you change your search provider to google, clicking the "get more providers" link takes you to the accelerators page, which does fuck all. Not sure whether that's universal.

Unfortunately I have to work on random computers, which means ie. It is a piece of shit.
                Portable firefox on usb? Solution?

Comment

When I say work on, I mean for about 2 or 3 minutes at a time. Not worth doing anything other than just use what's available.

Comment

i normally use google chrome..

IE 8 crashes all the time on my machine for no reason ... even after resetting to defaults / reinstalling.

The database i use via citrix at work everyday uses IE, but IE doesn't display everything properly for me so i have to use firefox LOL..

Comment

IE doesn't display everything properly, but FF does? Wow, whoever designed that needs to read up on the basics of web design.

Comment

Working...
                      X