Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Routing on Internode DSLAMs in Darwin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Routing on Internode DSLAMs in Darwin.

Theres no thread on this, Alice Springs, who cares.

maybe, maybe, maybe local routing, in the maybe possible future.

That pushy bastard was me... But there was a reason for it!

Comment

What happened to your loctong username... Its hard to stalk people on WP now days.... lol

Comment

Node have confirmed local routing.. huzzah!
        The last state/territory PoP: Darwin | Internode Blog

Comment

No announcement for the RBBP being completed.

But the party at parliament house is 7th of December apparently.

Comment

Fiber does not magically just get turned on once the end to end connections have been terminated and installed. There is days of testing each fiber and labeling each one from each end point.

For the connection between Darwin and Brisbane / Townsville there would be hundereds of individual testing and labeling of a cable that size. It is not a simple task to undertake and takes time and testing before it then can be sold at any level to any wholesale customer.

Comment

they've been in testing for at least weeks now, the connection itself was completed a fair while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lothar View Post
                Fiber does not magically just get turned on once the end to end connections have been terminated and installed. There is days of testing each fiber and labeling each one from each end point.

For the connection between Darwin and Brisbane / Townsville there would be hundereds of individual testing and labeling of a cable that size. It is not a simple task to undertake and takes time and testing before it then can be sold at any level to any wholesale customer.
                I'm going to assume you're aiming this at me. In which case: you're not educating me on anything, you're just flapping gums with irrelevant information.

The.RBBP.Completion.Party.Is.At.Parliament.House.D ecember.7th.

Backhaul from exchanges to nextgen interconnect for internode DSLAMs is apparently not completed though.

Comment

Comment

Testing fiber is easy

Comment

Well it seems the DSLAMs are in, just waiting on backhaul interconnect.

Comment

Ph3n, nice logo.

When are you going to update your website

Comment

Working...
                        X