Need opinion on this purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ritzo90 View Post
    What hdd's would you recommend? they won't get daily use. I can make 300 or so justifiable but I'd rather spend half that and get hitachis.
    Enterprise grade drives.

The type that are recommended for using in multiples. They type that have features such as vibration control, so that when you have 4 of them sguggled up nice and cosy together, they don't vibrate each other to death.

The type that use an advanced error correction method that means they don't spend all day trying to fix small issues on the drive, leading to array irregularities, but just say "stuff it" and move onto another sector.

There is a reason that companies make desktop and enterprise grade drives. Just like there is a reason that Toyota make RAV4's and Landcruisers.

You can use desktop drives, but you will need to expect that they WILL fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritzo90 View Post
      What hdd's would you recommend? they won't get daily use. I can make 300 or so justifiable but I'd rather spend half that and get hitachis.
      Enterprise grade drives.

The type that are recommended for using in multiples. They type that have features such as vibration control, so that when you have 4 of them sguggled up nice and cosy together, they don't vibrate each other to death.

The type that use an advanced error correction method that means they don't spend all day trying to fix small issues on the drive, leading to array irregularities, but just say "stuff it" and move onto another sector.

There is a reason that companies make desktop and enterprise grade drives. Just like there is a reason that Toyota make RAV4's and Landcruisers.

You can use desktop drives, but you will need to expect that they WILL fail.

Comment

PS nice case though...

Comment

Working...
        X