Email program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email program

OK, I've finally had reason to switch to Windows 7 and I don't want to use Windows Live mail.... what do ppl recommend?

I use Gmail.

Comment

Gmail. Same interface wherever you are. Labels are great. There's nothing a client has that gmail doesn't do, at least for my needs.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Comment

Or use Thunderbird.

Comment

Zimbra for webmail
          Outlook (2003 / 2007 / 2010) For calander notes and tasks.

Comment

Gmail, thunderbird to backup Gmail.

Comment

I have a gmail addy but its not my primary but I cant believe how many of you like the interface... its God awful. Gmail is out if for no other reason then I want to have my emails available offline.

I used to use Thunderbird as my primary email prog for a long time but then it would take ages to load the longer I had it. I've recently used Windows mail and Windows Live mail (both quiet neat GUI's) but its time for a change.

Thunderbird may win out, looking for more suggestions.

Comment

Gmail can be available offline.

And the new interface is sweet.

Comment

You can use gmail as a "traditional" email address. You just set it up for pop or imap and download it using a client like thunderbird.

Comment

I'm aware of that Harb but my internode email has been my main email for a good while now. I have lots and lots of subscriptions linked to it and its a pain in the arse to change over.

The Gmail interface will have to get a lot better for me to move to that as my primary email interface and address.

Comment

Then don't use the gmail interface, use thunderbird set to IMAP. Then use gmail backup to back it all up once in a while.

Comment

Using ISP emails: silly. I like having an email that will always be mine, regardless of who my ISP is.

Comment

Seriously. Old people who are shit at computers use ISP emails.

You're neither so don't do it.

Comment

Old maybe not... I wouldn't go too far

Comment

I'm in tooooooo deep, at least for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X